Job Responsibilities : UX Engineer, Design, Google Ads
Salary : $117000 per year
Company : Google
Location : Remote US
In-office locations: New York NY USA; Irvine CA USA; Chicago IL U.S..
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Computer Science related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in a technical UX or design environment.
- Experience with development on mobile platforms.
- 5 years developing clean valid and compatible websites and applications.
- 3 years of experience in a technical UX design environment or similar.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python/PHP/Ruby Flash/ActionScript Objective-C or Java.
About the job
At Google we follow a simple but vital premise: Focus on the user and all else will follow. Google’s UX Engineers are versatile and passionate about taking on new problems to drive progress and vision for design teams. They’re comfortable wearing many hats and get excited about working across discipline lines to develop products and prototypes that bring new ideas to life.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers Researchers Writers Content Strategists Program Managers and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes emotions and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them and for Google’s businesses.
As a UX Engineer you’ll work as part of a UX team in a challenging fast-paced environment. You’ll demonstrate your creativity analytical skills and knowledge of user facing technologies to create prototypes that identify the best product experiences launch innovative features build tools that accelerate UX teams bridge between design and engineering discussions and enable efficient high quality execution.
Google Ads is helping power the open internet with the best technology that connects and creates value for people publishers advertisers and Google. We’re made up of multiple teams building Google’s Advertising products including search display shopping travel and video advertising as well as analytics. Our teams create trusted experiences between people and businesses with useful ads. We help grow businesses of all sizes from small businesses to large brands to YouTube creators with effective advertiser tools that deliver measurable results. We also enable Google to engage with customers at scale.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Deliver innovative engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies.
- Advise collaborate with and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Serve as a mentor for junior UX engineers and peers.
- Assist front-end engineers with final development of Google products
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race color ancestry religion sex national origin sexual orientation age citizenship marital status disability gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.