Job Responsibilities : Security & Privacy Engineering Lead
Salary : $152,000 – $180,000 a year
Company : GFiber
Location : Remote US
At GFiber we believe in the power of great internet that lets people do more helps communities get stronger and makes amazing things possible. We’re not just growing to build better internet experiences we’re also building a welcoming place where people who want to make a difference can grow their careers.
GFiber is an Alphabet company that brings Google Fiber and Google Fiber Webpass internet services to homes and businesses across the United States. Our growing inclusive team is expanding as we connect more cities and people.
The GFiber Security Engineering Lead will manage a team of engineers responsible for the design and operations of all GFiber security privacy & abuse response applications. The Security Engineering Lead will also be responsible for growing the team as we expand into new areas of responsibility. The Security Engineering Lead reports directly to the GFiber CISO.
- You will manage a team of engineers who design build and operate security & privacy infrastructure protecting GFiber customers and employees.
- Your team will protect both the service delivery network and provide corporate Information Security services. As such you and your team will need to support the unique needs (service delivery: uptime; InfoSec: accuracy) of those different environments.
- As your team supports the ongoing operations of the applications they build there is an on-call rotation that you will be expected to join.
- You will significantly grow the team over the next several years to cover the changing obligations and expected overall growth.
In this role you’ll:
- Coach mentor and manage your team of engineers.
- Plan product roadmaps and future enhancements.
- Build a team vision and long term roadmap.
- Grow team members to take on new responsibilities.
- Hire new team members as new responsibilities require.
- Partner with other teams within GFiber to ensure their solutions are secure.
- Provide leadership in how we secure and protect our customers and colleagues.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 10+ years of experience in security and/or privacy and/or engineering
- 4+ years of experience in security/privacy
- 4+ years of experience as an engineer
- 4+ years of team leadership and management
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience at an ISP or other telecommunications service
- Experience in corporate information security
- Experience with ISO27001 or other security/privacy certification standards
- Demonstrated track record of team growth and advancement for those you’ve managed
[Colorado only] Minimum salary range between $152000 – $180000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
To learn more about US requirements around COVID vaccination requirements for GFiber workspaces read our Vaccination Entry Policy.