Job Responsibilities : Technical Supervisor (REMOTE)
Salary : 73000 per Year
Company : GEICO
Location : Remote US
The selected candidate should have the following skills and/experience:
- 5+ years hands on experience as a Sr Developer Engineer Architect in at least one of the following technologies – .NET C# Azure experience required. Duck Creek UI wireframe design kit knowledge a plus.
- 3+ years of experience leading team(s) of technologists in delivering on-mission solutions with speed and quality.
- Passion for delivering cloud-based applications that leverage new technological opportunities and exceed our customers’ needs.
- Effective communication and project coordination skills.
- Experience in all application design phases including requirements definition decomposition design code review code quality and troubleshooting issues.
- A proven record of accomplishment for managing and delivering cross team projects with strong focus on engineering and operational excellence delivering quality code into production.
- Experience delivering software products using Agile methodologies; hands-on experience leading an Agile team is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in team building collaboration mentoring and coaching for performance and growth.
- Experience collaborating with external vendors and delivering new or enhanced integrations.
- Must be willing to support and improve 24×7 on-call responsibilities.
- Proven record of improving processes and being a vocal leader among peers.
- Actively participate in performance management for their staff including goal setting coaching and evaluations.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race color religious creed national origin ancestry age gender pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity marital status familial status disability or genetic information in compliance with applicable federal state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
- Must be able to use a PC
- Must be able to follow complex instructions resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution and have strong organization/priority setting skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information and follow processes that have been published
- Must be knowledgeable of software coding and following standards and processes that have been published and the guidelines for the design
- Must be able to provide system training to team members as needed
- Must be able to communicate in a clear concise professional oral or written manner to be understood by customers clients co-workers and other employees of the organization
- Must be able to perform under pressure and stressful situations
- May be required to be on call for production support 24×7
- Must be able to concentrate and demonstrate a capacity for learning technical concepts and adapting to new technologies quickly
At GEICO we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills secure your financial future and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race color religious creed national origin ancestry age gender pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity marital status familial status disability or genetic information in compliance with applicable federal state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such we are committed to recruit develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.