Job Responsibilities : Data Architect
Salary : $27 Per hour
Company : GEICO
Location : Temporarily remote US
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with technology and business to envision and develop strategies that challenge current thinking, processes and rules.
- Enable strategic, big-picture design thinking for the business and how it operates, while collaborating with business and technical counterparts to drive delivery of systems that clearly align to key business performance indicators.
- Provide a comprehensive, enterprise and operational view, ensures output and artifact quality at all levels.
- Be expected to work across the enterprise domains to drive architecture and design runways that result in implemented business solutions.
Experience & Skills:
- Good experience designing Data Warehouse schemas and data models
- Prior experience with creating standards and best practices for others to follow and creating frameworks
- Good experience with cloud-based data ecosystems such as Azure Data Lake, Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Google cloud databases or similar data warehousing products
- Experience in Data Management and Data Governance practices
- Experience in working with business users to understand requirements and implement solutions to meet them.
- Experience with data profiling and data classification techniques
- Prior experience with prototyping solutions and making recommendations on new technologies
- Understanding of data security and data access controls and design aspects
- Experience in Data Vault 2.0 Modeling methodology or other modeling techniques
- Prior experience with Agile development methodologies
- P&C Insurance Subject Area Model experience (i.e. Policy, Sales, Service, Claims, and Billing systems)
- At least 2-year Experience with Database Platforms (DBaaS): Snowflake, Azure SQL DB and exposure to SnowSQL, advanced concepts (query performance tuning, time travel etc.) and features/tools (data sharing, events, SnowPipe etc.)