Job Responsibilities : GRC Analyst (Remote)
Salary : $73000 per year
Company : GEICO
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
GEICO’s Cybersecurity organization is looking for an information security professional with strong interest in IT and Cyber governance to join company’s Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Team. As a GRC Analyst you will be responsible for gathering data and evaluating company’s governance risk and compliance posture as they relate to its information assets. As a GRC Analyst you will assist in the continuously evaluating the performance and conformance of IT management and operation activities as it related to GRC and will analyze any governance relevant concerns in order to drive and improve GEICO’s governance program.
The GRC analysts work with data to help the company make better IT governance business decisions by collecting analyzing and report on data to meet business needs. The role includes identifying new sources of data and methods to improve data collection analysis and reporting. The professional will utilize techniques from a range of disciplines including computer programming mathematics and statistics to enable company management draw conclusions from data to describe predict and improve IT and business performance and conformance.
- Define and implement IT/Cyber processes and services specific KGIs/KPIs; Collect KGIs/KPIs metrics; Generate and verify performance reports; Collect feedbacks and requests for KPIs/Metrics/Reporting adjustments.
- Work on IT/Cyber governance reporting improvement
- Support aggregation and reporting of governance data across IT teams and processes.
- Use visualization tools and techniques to display data and the result of analysis in clear forms that would be easily understood by technical and non-technical reviewers.
- Create and participate in the execution of self-assessments and other business assurance activities to provide a more accurate picture of criteria and gap areas against standards and expectations.
- Assist with internal and external security reviews audits and controls evaluations.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert of IT governance and partner closely with risk compliance and cross-functional partners to build a better understanding of the business environment.
Knowledge and skills:
- 3+ years of experience with policies standards and processes development and implementation.
- Familiarity with industry best practice standards and government acts (COBIT ISO 27001:2013 ITIL PCI-DSS CCPA SSAE 16/SOC NIST SP 800-53 NIST 800-171)
- 3+ years of experience in a GRC architect risk or IT/Cyber strategy management role.
- 3+ years of data analyst experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science Information Technology or related field.
- Industry certification (Security + COBIT foundation or ITIL foundation)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with project management
- Experience with IBM OpenPages BMC Remedy
- Experience as a business analyst for reporting requirements gathering
- Experience integrating GRC platforms with other IT/Cyber processes and tools
- Passion about infosec privacy risk and compliance
At GEICO we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills secure your financial future and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training Licensures and Certificates
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race color religious creed national origin ancestry age gender pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity marital status familial status disability or genetic information in compliance with applicable federal state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such we are committed to recruit develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.