Job Responsibilities : FROSCH – Corporate Sabre Travel Advisor 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Salary : $53300 per year
Company : (part of JPMorgan Chase & Co)
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
For both our employees and businesses we are driving success in a diverse culture with a commitment to creating an environment where everyone belongs. Positions within FROSCH provide numerous opportunities for meaningful growth in a firm dedicated to inclusivity development mobility and career advancement. We are hiring best-in-class talent who are passionate entrepreneurial and want to work in a globally diverse organization with a strong team culture. New team members will be part of an exciting transformation as we build competitive strategies leverage new and innovative technologies and create industry-leading teams.
FROSCH has several excellent opportunities for experienced individuals with stellar customer service skills and Sabre expertise to join our corporate team as a Travel Advisor III – Corporate Travel Advisor. This is a remote position.
As a Travel Advisor III – Corporate Travel Advisor you will be responsible for managing the travel reservations for c-suite and professional service clientele from their initial request to completion. This will include arranging all elements of business travel: coordinating airline hotel car rental and other travel needs for employees within corporate accounts while utilizing Sabre
As a Travel Advisor III – Corporate Travel Advisor your primary responsibilities include:
- Arranging all elements of business travel from initial request to completion for corporate account clients
- Providing best-in-class customer service that exceeds clients’ expectations
- Projecting a positive attitude with high energy diplomacy and creativity in work strategies
- Facilitating client support with a high degree of initiative confidentiality and professional demeanor
- Developing relationships with clients to improve their overall service level
- Working with a team to ensure worldwide coverage for clients
- Participating in operational projects trainings and functions as appointed by your manager or team lead
- Utilizing Global Distribution Systems (GDS) to arrange appropriate segments of travel including car hotel air and rail
- Communicating operating standards protocols and core values to suppliers and clients appointed to specific arrangements
- Preparing and distributing clients’ travel documents
- Utilizing proprietary and authorized vendor technologies to manage client profiles documents policies unused ticket management compliance and savings documentation
- At least 5 years of experience arranging travel for C-suite and professional service clientele is required
- At least 3 years of recent experience as a Corporate Travel Consultant/Agent or 3 years within an equivalent position is required
- At least 3 years of full functional use with Global Distribution Systems (GDS) such as Sabre or Apollo is required
- Ability to use GDS to execute seat assignments and upgrades and create and send itineraries ticketing exchanges refunds queue sorting MCOs Amtrak tickets and Phase IVs is required
- Extensive expertise of domestic and international airports and cities as well as their inherent logistics as it relates to business/corporate travel is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook Word Excel Teams etc.)
- Excellent recordkeeping skills is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment under stringent deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency as well as ability to adapt to change as needed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- FROSCH covers the cost of most work-related equipment for remote employees. Other tools unless deemed essential for your job or medically necessary may not be covered.
Chase is a leading financial services firm helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses nonprofits and cities grow delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute including race religion color national origin gender sexual orientation gender identity gender expression age marital or veteran status pregnancy or disability or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues candidates clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the WELL Health-Safety Rating for all of our 6200 locations globally based on our operational policies maintenance protocols stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans