Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer professional services company consumer loan originator and servicer payments processor and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years Nelnet has been serving its customers associates and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live learn and work.
Respond to customer inquiries regarding general consumer loan issues & questions. Responsible for the research and administration that relate to these activities.
- Ensure integrity of data and information.
- Respond to customer requests by accessing Loan Servicing and/or Originations systems.
- Resolve issues and complete document transactions (school enrollment updates deferment/forbearance processing borrower payments monetary transactions claims processing).
- Update information on accounts in the Loan Servicing and/or Originations systems.
- Utilize imaging systems.
- Perform other tasks related to resolving customer needs.
- Contact customers on accounts.
- Negotiate transactions in accordance with established laws regulations and policies.
- Prepare reports or filings.
- Monitor and maintain various documents.
- Research and correct issues in an appropriate time period as designated by department standards.
- Reconcile assigned accounts.
- Assist other departments in investigating problems as needed.
- Maintain performance data within the appropriate systems.
- Mentor/Train other associates as needed.
- .Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy to Do Business with (ETDBW) philosophy.
- Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement.
High school degree or equivalent required.
1 – 2 years customer service experience and/or general work experience preferred. Knowledge of Loan Servicing and/or Originations systems preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Service Excellence
- Oral communications
- Written communications
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Working with MS Office
- Business Math
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
Start Date: October 10 2022
Shift: Flex (Monday through Friday 9am-3pm Required)
Pay Rate of $13.53
Our benefits package includes medical dental vision HSA and FSA generous earned time off 401K/student loan repayment life insurance & AD&D insurance employee assistance program employee stock purchase program tuition reimbursement performance-based incentive pay short- and long-term disability and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits:
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer complies with Executive Order 11246 and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to race color religion/creed national origin gender or sex marital status age disability use of a guide dog or service animal sexual orientation military/veteran status or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.