Job Responsibilities : Field Technical Specialist
Salary : $78000 per year
Company : Tesla
Location : Remote US
The Tesla Field Technical Specialist position requires someone who is flexible proactive highly organized and hard working. Individuals should have a passion for and understanding of electric vehicles and Tesla’s mission. Must have outstanding technical communication presentation and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional approach
What You’ll Do
- Provides high level technical field support to technicians and product support personnel who are diagnosing troubleshooting repairing and troubleshooting our vehicles.
- Engage in technical training and coaching to the field by providing the latest diagnosis product changes and information.
- Responds to situations where service technicians or product support has failed to isolate or fix an issue
- Intercept and resolve technical escalations that would normally need to be resolved by specialized Service Engineers.
- Work directly with the field to reduce and eliminate systemic technical causes of vehicles aging in service.
- Create edit and improve technical articles and other service reference systems at Tesla.
- Experience and ability to generate field reports of a technical or operational nature.
- Report critical issues and help create potential improvements with Engineering
- Reports design reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and provide potential solutions.
- Identify possible improved service methodologies and collaborate directly with Engineering and the field to implement these improvements. The goal is to improve service methods to a level that eliminates the need for the field to escalate technical issues.
- Work directly with the appropriate systems engineers to help create automated diagnostic routines automate troubleshooting and resolve technical issues.
- Investigate and report on high profile incidents in cooperation with Tesla Legal and Engineering.
- Will potentially spend 50-60% of the time on site or traveling in the region. Some travel outside the region will also occur
What You’ll Bring
- Degree or Certificate from a University/College program in Automotive Technology or the equivalent in experience as well as evidence of exceptional ability.
- Automotive Service Technician background required.
- Experience in diagnosing hardware and software systems. Previous roles performing field or remote support of complex software or hardware like in the role of a field or remote application engineer is extremely beneficial.
- Ability to solve unique software and hardware problems which may not have been encountered before.
- Understanding and application of electronics and electrical theory required.
- Experience using Linux based operating systems are required.
- Experience with Python C/C++ or an equivalent scripting language are a distinct advantage.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage workload effectively and efficiently