Job Responsibilities : Field Clinical Care Coordinator RN – Telecommute in Charlottesville, VA, Augusta County, VA, Rockingham County, VA
Salary : $78700 per year
Company : UnitedHealthcare
Location : Remote US
$5000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions across borders and most of all in the way we think. Here innovation isn’t about another gadget it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The RN Clinical Care Coordinator will be the primary care manager for a panel of members with complex medical/behavioral needs. Care coordination activities will focus on supporting member’s medical behavioral and socioeconomic needs to promote appropriate utilization of services and improved quality of care.
If you are located in Charlottesville VA Augusta County VA Rockingham County VA you will have the flexibility to be field based as you take on some tough challenges. Expect to spend about 50% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities.
- Engage members face-to-face and/or telephonically to complete a comprehensive needs assessment including assessment of medical behavioral functional cultural and socioeconomic needs
- Develop and implement person centered care plans to address needs including management of chronic health conditions health promotion and wellness social determinants of health medication management and member safety in alignment with evidence-based guidelines
- Partner and collaborate with internal care team providers and community resources/partners to implement care plan
- Provide education and coaching to support member self-management of care needs and lifestyle changes to promote health
- Support proactive discharge planning and manage/coordinate Care Transition following ER visit inpatient or Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) admission
- Advocate for members and families as needed to ensure the member’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
You’ll need to be flexible adaptable and above all patient in all types of situations.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted independent licensure as a Registered Nurse
- 2+ years of Clinical Experience
- 1+ years of experience with MS Office including Word Excel and Outlook
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel within assigned territory to meet with members and providers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination and boosters when applicable prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BSN Master’s Degree or Higher in Clinical Field
- CCM certification
- 1+ years of community case management experience coordinating care for individuals with complex needs
- Experience working in team-based care
- Background in Managed Care
- Ability to transition from office to field locations multiple times per day
- Ability to navigate multiple locations/terrains to visit employees members and/or providers
- Ability to transport equipment to and from field locations needed for visits (ex. laptop stethoscope etc.)
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time to complete computer or tablet work duties
To protect the health and safety of our workforce patients and communities we serve UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination including boosters as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease diabetes HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic outcomes-based approach considers social behavioral economic physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time part time or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.