Job Responsibilities : Deputy Clerk
Salary : $45,574 – $59,246 a year
Company : US District of Columbia Courts
Location : Remote US
- Assists the general public attorneys judicial officers and staff.
- Reviews and processes documents and orders.
- Completes forms or other materials such as warrants summonses complaints and subpoenas.
- Provides and receives information from citizens police officers and witnesses as necessary for clarifying facts or preparing reports.
- Enters and retrieves data using automated databases and manual logs.
- Maintains calendar appointments juries and services.
- Collects and compiles statistical data.
- Administers oaths or affirmations.
- Types of correspondence reports and other documents.
- Files jackets and case documents.
Conditions of Employment
- A background and security investigation is required.
- A probationary period of one (1) year.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR GRADE 6: High-School Diploma or GED plus two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience in court legal or office environment. You MUST provide documentation of education or your application will not be considered.
How You Will Be Evaluated
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window to learn more about federal benefits.
- Fair and Transparent
The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy
- Reasonable accommodation policy
- Financial suitability
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
- Signature and false statements
- Privacy Act
- Social security number request
2. Completed Vacancy Questionnaire
3. Documentation /Proof of Education
4. List of professional references
This job is open to
U.S. Citizens Nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.