Job Responsibilities : Farm Assistant
Salary : $30000 per year
Company : Cornell Cooperative Extension
Location : Riverhead, NY 11901 US
Educational requirements : High School
This position will serve as the Camp Farm Assistant for DPF 4-H Camp a residential summer camp owned and operated by Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Nassau County located in Riverhead New York. The primary responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to: assisting with providing upkeep of farm grounds and buildings to maintain a safe and neat looking facility and assisting with performing basic maintenance and custodial responsibilities at DPF 4-H Camp as directed. This position accepts and performs all position duties outlined in this position description and performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and deemed appropriate by the DPF 4-H Camp Director.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Education.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends as appropriate.
- Knowledge/experience with safely using lawn maintenance equipment including tractor/mower operation/safety.
- Knowledge/experience in one or all: general construction plumbing and/or masonry.
- Demonstrated ability to accept direction guidance and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address safety concerns in the work place.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to initiate organize and implement established goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral written and visual means.
- Assist in the upkeep of farm grounds (cleaning mowing weed whipping etc.) to maintain a safe and neat look facility.
- Preform planting weeding and harvesting of vegetables.
- Collection of eggs and preparing for sale.
- Care and feeding of animals.
- Make repairs and/or alterations as needed to farm facilities and/or grounds.
- Assist in conducting daily inspections to ensure equipment is safe clean and in good repair.
- Drive Association van with produce.
- Assist with farm stand operations.
- Dispose of garbage and/or recyclables as needed.
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned by the Camp Director for the efficient upkeep of the DPF 4-H Camp facilities.
This is a temporary seasonal non-exempt full-time position 100% FTE 40 hours per week. The hourly rate for this position is $15.00 – $18.00 depending upon experience.
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
HOW TO APPLY:
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until close of day on May 23 2022 and until a qualified pool of candidates is obtained.
Click here to Apply.
Applicants need to attach/upload a resume to the online application in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the “Experience” section of your application use the Paperclip icon to search for file(s) or use the “Drop Files Here” box to manually drag document(s) into your application. Once the application is submitted you will not be able to change your submission or add attachments.
External Applicants: (including current employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations) please refer to the Applying for a Job (External Candidate) document for additional guidance.
Internal Applicants: Current employees of the Cornell Cooperative Extension Association indicated in this job posting are considered internal applicants; please refer to the Applying for a Job (Internal Candidate) document for additional guidance.
Contact Erika at email@example.com with questions.
No relocation or VISA Sponsorship available.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so that you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at (607) 255-6120 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University the United States Department of Agriculture the State of New York and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
516-832-2591 Ext. 17
Last updated March 7 2022