Job Responsibilities : Express Claims Consultant I (B1)
Salary : $80775 per year
Company : Allstate
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
The world isn’t standing still and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication telematics digital photo claims and more recently device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Adjusting Function is responsible for verifying policy coverage and limits. The Adjusting function investigates and evaluates damage and/or liability; estimates damages losses or total indemnity; sets and maintains reserves; and/or negotiates and settles claims. Express takes first notice of loss for Allstate and certain subsidiaries and provides after-hours support to all Claims offices. Express claims are handled exclusively through an Express Claim Center and involve non-complex auto and property losses.
Under limited supervision this job is responsible for reviewing investigating negotiating and settling claims that come into the Express Claim Center. The types of claims this role may handle include auto liability and damages claims 1st or 3rd party auto rental claims or claims involving water fire or commercial property losses. The individual sets Customer / Agent expectations responds to Customer / Agent concerns and communicates timelines for investigation all while delivering compassionate service that is fast fair and easy to ensure Customer / Agent retention.
The individual provides work guidance and direction to less experienced/new employees. The individual works independently prioritizing the individual’s own responsibilities and managing the individual’s own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors production quality and/or Customer / Agent service goals.
Shift Times will range from 8:00 am to 7:30 pm EST and may include working rotational weekends.
This position will be considered a hybrid role if you are located within 50 miles of Chandler AZ; Birmingham AL; Charlotte NC; or Hudson OH.
*****This position is not available to California Alaska and Hawaii residents*****
Customer / Agent Support through digital platform (chat)
- Makes and maintains a connection with the Customer / Agent by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the Customer / Agent with empathy; and follows up to ensure that Customer / Agent needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderate and occasionally complex Customer / Agent communications concerns conflicts or issues
- Reviews Customer / Agent satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes evaluations and decision-making process
- Reviews and investigates claims for liability and damages including reviewing damage situations loss of revenue UMPD and excess limits and interpreting policy language and state laws
- Identifies potential fraud and refers claim to SIU
- Reviews investigation notes and determines liability/coverage and settles losses through either determining a settlement amount or denying the claim
- Approves and processes claims payments
- Initiates system generated checks
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 5 years or more of Adjuster experience Auto and Property experience preferred
Certificates Licenses Registrations:
***Employment is contingent on obtaining licensing requirements within 60 days of employment***
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external Customer / Agents and act with empathy
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of insurance policy coverage and regulation
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of claim processes policies procedures claim systems coverage liability damage estimating and/or settlement and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general and occasionally broad industry knowledge to discipline practices including best practices to support the business unit
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile manipulate and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies general and occasionally broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Ability to investigate evaluate negotiate and settle moderate and occasionally complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
Compensation offered for this role is $51600.00-$80775.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance medical and dental insurance as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life – including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter Facebook Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1 2014 under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242 it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry age color disability genetic information gender gender identity gender expression sexual and reproductive health decision marital status medical condition military or veteran status national origin race (include traits historically associated with race including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles) religion (including religious dress) sex or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship including but not limited to hiring training salary administration promotion job assignment benefits discipline and separation of employment.