Job Responsibilities : Executive Assistant
Salary : $80,000 – $100,000 a year
Company : Pie Insurance
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
To do their best work our Executive team needs an agile individual that addresses a variety of work styles. Pie’s Executive Assistant (EA) role will demand flexibility and the ability to perform operational tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly. You will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s daily operations team interactions and culture. Working well cross-functionally is a key part of this role.
The Executive Assistant will be connecting with peers immediate leadership and Executives frequently to connect on collaborative efforts and update status needs and tasks. They will collaborate with other departments and leaders throughout the month to determine deliverables and check-in on status needs.
How You’ll Do It
Supporting the Executive Team
- Identifying and anticipating the administrative needs of 3-4 Executive team members based on the East Coast.
- Heavy proactive calendar support. These leaders need someone to manage and coordinate their busy schedules across multiple time zones. This includes resolving conflicts ensuring regularly scheduled one on ones with their team members coordinating team meetings ordering catering booking conference rooms in multiple offices arranging video conference connections and ensuring the meetings are attended.
- Drafting communication in the voice of the executive editing effectively disseminating messages from the executives that you support through the appropriate channels.
- Responsible for some executive meeting prep attending various meetings to track action items and coordinate follow-up on action items.
- Booking travel and light expense reporting.
- Email management.
Project & Culture Support Work
- Jumping into ad hoc projects as they arise across the company.
- Event planning.
- Coordinating swag for new hires anniversaries and other milestones.
- Team specific support for sales contests peer-to-peer awards and other team celebrations.
Admin Team Support
- Support and backup to the other Administrative staff to cover PTO and leave.
- Partner with other admin staff in supporting and managing company wide initiatives such as the weekly All Hands meetings Pie-R-Side chats (Quarterly Q&A with leaders) Executive summits and holiday or summer parties.
The Right Stuff
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associates degree preferred.
- 3 years in an Executive Assistant role required
- Experience working in Financial industry and or supporting Finance & Accounting executives preferred
- 5 years in Administrative Office or Personal Assistant role required
- Advanced communication (written verbal and presentation) skills to deliver complex information effectively and align people with the needs of the project/team
- Must be available during general business hours in Eastern time zone
- Advanced problem solving skills to be able to manage complex situations with multiple layers and resolve to solution anticipating needs now and into the future
- Advanced awareness of workflow and project tradeoffs to make decisions based on needs now and into the future
- Experience in a fast paced and demanding environment is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology platforms and systems is required
- Must be customer service focused. You enjoy helping others and creating amazing work life experiences
- Competent Project Management experience is desired
- Demonstrated ability to act with a sense of urgency
- Proficient in Google Calendar especially using multiple time zones is required experience with Gmail and Google Workspace is helpful
- Knowledge of collaboration tools (specifically Slack) required
- Skilled in using PowerPoint and integrating presentations with Excel data
Base compensation for position: $80000 – $100000
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge skills and experience along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded) and have access to reliable high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity marital status age disability national or ethnic origin military service status citizenship or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here here and here for more information.