Job Responsibilities : Event Manager
Salary : $75000 per year
Company : American Express Global Business Travel
Location : Remote US
Functions as the primary client liaison and lead for assigned groups and events. Negotiates critical program components based on knowledge of client requirements from initial request through contract completion and turnover. Communicates on a timely basis information relative to travel program operations. Follows standard operating procedures for all event management activity. however the scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs and may vary from client to client. Performs other duties as required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Event management responsibilities to include attendee list management contract and meeting space management and historical analysis
- Manages rooming lists by event and adheres to defined room block review dates as outlined in contract.
- Initiates RFP process to secure appropriate room blocks logistical event needs and pricing from hotels and other suppliers.
- Qualifies proposals to determine if appropriate and competitive.
- Detail needed specific client information about the venue location distance from venue etc.
- Negotiates and confirms critical program components with supplier(s) and team utilizing basic terms and conditions and/or modifying pre-existing master policies to meet individual client requirements.
- Meets client deadline providing availability grid based on client standards and review with client and team.
- Reviews all supplier contracts prior to finalization ensuring both program specific and generic terms and conditions are accurate and legally protective of both American Express M&E and the client including attrition dates cancellation policies etc. Uses appropriate authorization and addendum form to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Create meeting records in the designated meeting management system and completes all internal documentation for the program prior to turnover.
- May participate in program re-negotiations or cancellation negotiations as required.
- Achieve appropriate benchmarking metrics as per client or company requirement.
FINANCIAL AND REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY:
- Maintains tracking information of all tentative sold and canceled programs in business program management system.
- Maintains accurate records system input and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership to team and promotes positive team environment as a positive role model.
- Works closely with client to ensure program objectives are addressed maintaining open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with team regarding supplier utilization key negotiations performance and unique programming ideas. Advises team on preferred hotels and helps direct decisions to those hotels participating applicable Preferred Programs.
- Provides negotiation expertise to team members as requested.
- Works on special projects as assigned by the Director or Operations Manager or Account Manager.
- May require travel to destinations worldwide in support of client site inspections.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years’ experience in project event or meeting management at least 3 of which are in procurement required.
- Proven negotiation and cost savings skills.
- Cvent proficiency required along with Microsoft Office skills such as Word Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of domestic hotels and destinations required international a plus.
- Knowledge of travel supplier operations overall capabilities/range of services.
- Experience working in a fast paced high-volume environment.
- Program management system experience preferred especially with an online sourcing tool. Understanding of and ability to effect win/win solutions.
- Operations experience in hospitality industry or equivalent a plus.
- Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining key client and supplier relationships.
- Prior experience in effectively handle multiple projects/demands.
- Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance.
- College degree preferred.
- Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills required.
- Ability to travel by airplane boat rail and/or car.
- Ability to provide periodic coverage on nights and/or weeks as required.
- CMP designation a plus.
United States – Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to age gender gender identity sexual orientation race color religion creed national origin disability genetic information veteran status citizenship or marital status and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement