Job Responsibilities : Security Guard – Corrections Canada
Salary : $18.83 an hour
Company : Commissionaires
Location : St. John’s, NL CA
Offered in: Newfoundland & Labrador
Commissionaires’ NL provides 24/7 security services to the Community Correctional Centre in St. John’s. This is a residential facility providing accommodations to federal offenders under parole who require period of supervision prior to their release into the community.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security safety training and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada our parent federation employing over 22000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP their families and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service management standards and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work professional development and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health & drug benefits for eligible employees
- Free uniforms and equipment
- High-quality formal and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Advancement opportunities within a large national organization
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities in this security-related role may include but are not limited to:
- Monitors and documents offenders whereabouts’ when in the community and within the CCC ensuring the offenders abide by the rules & regulations of the CCC and their parole conditions.
- Ability to recognize and respond effectively to potentially volatile or crisis/emergency situations.
- Ability to recognize the signs and effects of intoxication substances when offenders are under the influence of substances.
- Report Writing
- Monitoring Camera Systems
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
- Be professional reliable
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to complete Commissionaire security officer course
- First aid
- Basic computer skills
- Driver’s license
- Fully vaccinated
- Full availability
- Previous experience in law enforcement or Corrections an asset
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required. This often involves working in all types of environment conditions at varying times throughout the day or night.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to:
- React calmly quickly and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours
- Communicate observed characteristics/behaviours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literacy and/or an aptitude to learn is an asset
READY TO JOIN US?
This position is open to external and internal applicants.
Commissionaires NL is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from equity seeking communities to self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Hours of Work
Full Time 12 Hour Shifts
Posting Date 2022-06-29
Closing Date 2022-07-13