Job Responsibilities : Entry-level Software Engineer (Open to Remote)
Salary : 73000 per Year
Company : Daxko
Location : Remote US
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio a national franchise with locations in every city a YMCA or JCC-and every type of organization in between-we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
As an entry-level Software Engineer you are responsible for developing high-quality applications and writing code on a daily basis. This includes heavy collaboration with product managers architects and other software engineers to build best-in-class software using modern technologies and an agile development process.
You will also…
- Develop applications that provide a delightful user experience
- Develop clean reusable well-structured and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop elegant responsive high-performance cross-platform solutions
- Develop debug and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Contribute to team efforts on support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Participate in and learn from code and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Work with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data-driven approach.
- Associate’s degree in a related field such as Computer Science Computer Engineering Applied Mathematics or Applied Sciences – OR – a Software Development bootcamp certificate – OR – equivalent professional experience.
- No professional experience is required
- Experience using or exposure to code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience working with and understanding of RESTful APIs
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational data storage technologies
- Passion for software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Bonus points for…
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent) in related field such as Computer Science Computer Engineering Applied Mathematics or Applied Sciences
- Professional experience in software engineering or another relevant field
- Understanding of Unit Testing Frameworks and best practices
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and Practices
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense including thought and perspective age ability nationality ethnicity orientation and gender. The skills perspectives ideas and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members and this is reflected through our offices benefits and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- ️ Affordable health dental and vision insurance options
Monthly fitness reimbursement
New-Parent Paid Leave
1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.