Job Responsibilities : Office Assistant
Salary : $32,323 – $51,730 a year
Company : Pinellas County Government
Location : 315 Court Street, Clearwater, FL 33756 US
Classification Title: Property Records Assistant C15
Location: 315 Court Street Clearwater FL 33756
The Pinellas County Property Appraiser is seeking candidates for the entry level position of Property Records Assistant starting at $15.54/hr. This position’s focus is on customer service via phone and in person. All Property Records Assistants are cross-trained to support multiple Property Appraiser’s Office functions. The position is located at the Clearwater Courthouse with occasional short assignment to any of our 3 branch offices (north mid and south county).
Essential Job Functions
- Responds to basic inquiries from the public on the methods rules regulations and practices involved in ad valorem property valuation and exemptions for both real and tangible personal property.
- Learns and applies computer-assisted mass appraisal (CAMA) and geographic information system or imagery program screens and navigation.
- Enters detailed parcel data into CAMA system including structural elements building traverse notes and required information.
Position Specific Requirements
- 2 years experience in clerical customer service and administrative support with preference given to those with experience in an Ad Valorem Property Appraiser’s office; or
- An Associates or higher level-degree; or
- An equivalent combination of education training and/or experience.
- Experience in front-line in-person and telephone customer service.
- Real estate or title/abstract experience.
- Excellent data entry and math skills. Preference will also be given candidates who possess experience in data entry and excellent skills in math.
- Excellent skills in MS Word MS Excel. Preference will also be given candidates who possess experience in MS Word and Excel.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office practices procedures and equipment.
- Familiar with website contents and maps therein.
- Knowledge of a geographic layout of Pinellas County.
- Knowledge of Save Our Homes (SOH) personal and/or real property appraisal assessment and exemption terminology.
- Knowledge of basic laws rules and regulations governing the tax roll.
- Knowledge of Business English spelling and punctuation.
- Skill in keyboarding accurately at a reasonable rate of speed.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively courteously and tactfully.
- Ability to perform computer data entry and simple word processing functions and when necessary to enter and extract property data from field tablet computer software.
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift carry push pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Additionally the following physical abilities are required:
Fingering: Picking pinching typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
Visual ability: Sufficient to effectively operate office equipment including copier computer etc.; and to read and write reports correspondence instructions etc.
Hearing ability: Sufficient to hold a conversation with other individuals both in person and over a telephone; and to hear recording on transcription device.
Speaking ability: Sufficient to communicate effectively with other individuals in person and over a telephone.
Mental acuity: Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately loudly or quickly.
Repetitive motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist hands and/or fingers.
Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals priorities and needs.
This position has supplemental questions. If unable to complete all questions you may save your answers as a draft during the application process and return at any time prior to the closing date. Please note that the application is complete upon final submission.