Job Responsibilities : Virtual Middle School English Teacher – 2022/2023 School Year
Salary : $30100 per year
Company : Virtual Prep Academy of Indiana @ Madison-Grant
Location : Remote US
ACCEL Schools is seeking highly qualified Virtual Middle School English Teachers for the Virtual Preparatory Academy of Indiana who are dedicated to providing a superior education for all students for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year! We are seeking teachers who are excited to create a rigorous and nurturing classroom environment that prioritizes student learning and social-emotional development.
With a network of 50 charter schools and growing ACCEL Schools employs a diverse staff of passionate administrators and educators who value research-based practices and a desire to grow as professionals. We work tirelessly to raise student achievement regardless of historical barriers while committed to participating in ongoing professional development job embedded instructional coaching and embracing a growth mindset.
**Indiana residency and teaching certification required**
- Serve as the teacher of record and primary instructor in English for middle school grades.
- Relentlessly work to meet all goals related to student achievement and culture as well as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) goals.
- Deliver highly effective daily lessons based on student need rooted in research-based instructional practices.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Utilize research-based best practices in daily planning and classroom instruction.
- Create a joyful caring and loving classroom environment for all students.
- Integrate culturally responsive teaching practices into daily lessons and interactions with students parents and colleagues.
- Implement school-wide culture expectations and norms inside the classroom and beyond.
- Communicate regularly with families regarding the academic and social-emotional growth of their child.
- Incorporate 21st century technology skills into daily classroom practice and team settings.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of non-instructional activities such as social events and field trips
- Collaborate and communicate effectively humbly and respectfully with all colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current state teaching license in appropriate content area
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards
- Preferred two years’ experience teaching
- High level of comfort working in a growth-focused coaching environment based on frequent observations debriefs action planning and progress monitoring
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
- Ability to properly manage confidential information
- Ability to pass federal and state criminal background checks
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race color religious creed sex national origin ancestry citizenship status pregnancy childbirth physical disability mental and/or intellectual disability age military status veteran status (including protected veterans) marital status registered domestic partner or civil union status familial status gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression) medical condition genetic information sexual orientation or any other protected status except where a reasonable bonafide occupational qualification exists.