Job Responsibilities : Engineer
Salary : $160250 per year
Company : Chief
Location : Remote US
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019 Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers a trusted support system and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG General Catalyst Inspired Capital Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC LA Chicago and SF.
Diversity equity inclusion and belonging are in our DNA guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices identities perspectives and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections engage in compelling discussions and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced Engineer. Our member site is the cornerstone of our member experience. As such it is central to both our members and organization. It is built with Typescript and React on the frontend; GraphQL Loopback and Postgres on the server. This is an opportunity to own and grow with the evolution of the platform. This role will play a crucial part in directing the technical design implementation build and deployment of the expanding feature set as well as the functionality of the site.
- Collaborate with our product team to implement features that deliver a premium online experience for our members.
- Manage a modern development process from feature inception to production deployment.
- Ensure the system is highly available and fault tolerant.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with Node and solid understanding of Typescript.
- Experience in highly available production environments.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience with Typescript and React in production.
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical dental and vision packages 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content including workshops thought leadership and iconic speakers
- Wellness Work from home and Learning Stipends
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates for us pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather an opportunity to disclose what’s required and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief we want to hire develop and retain the best talent making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates as well as our own policies and practices are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $160250