Job Responsibilities : Sales Coordinator – Remote Part time
Salary : 17 per hour
Company : Marriott International, Inc
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : High School
Job Number 22080489
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Central Canada Sales Office 2425 Matheson Blvd. E. Suite 100 Mississauga ONT Canada
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? Y
- Remote Part Time
Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing (e.g. filing sending emails typing faxing copying). Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g. proposals contracts or banquet event orders). Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g. brochures promotional materials). Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Enter retrieve reconcile and verify information (e.g. commissions leads third parties) in software involved in the sales process. Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g. hours of operation rates and room types packages promotions entertainment restaurants special events). Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move lift carry push pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform nametags and personal appearance are clean hygienic professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional positive and timely manner.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions concerns and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g. LEARN PLEASED Guest Response LEAP) to resolve issues delight and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guest’s name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay property services and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings answering with a smile in one’s voice using the callers’ name transferring calls to appropriate person/department requesting permission before placing the caller on hold taking and relaying messages and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g. daily logs business letters memoranda reports) including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Move lift carry push pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing (e.g. filing sending emails typing sending outgoing faxes delivering incoming faxes copying opening or distributing mail).
- Computer Skills
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Diversity Relations
- English Language Proficiency
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Applied Reading
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Positive Demeanor
- Planning and Organizing
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
At least 1 year of related work experience
No supervisory experience is required
At Marriott we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current Public Health Agency of Canada standards or approved for a Human Rights accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis such as disability and veteran status or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Central Canada Sales Office takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 the Accessibility for Manitobans Act and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting our online application or an interview please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.