Job Responsibilities : Work From Home Senior Customer Service Specialist – eBay Risk Agent
Salary : $19.50 an hour
Company : eBay Inc.
Location : Remote US
**This is a Work From Home Position**
*Must Be Located in Florida*
A message about COVID-19:
COVID-19 is creating unprecedented circumstances. We’re monitoring the situation closely and our eBay community – our buyers sellers and employees – remains our top priority.
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys sells and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here you can just be yourself do your best work and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive ideas and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
At the core of everything we do we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX) Global Trust and Global Security and Resiliency organizations and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
eBay Risk Teammate is dedicated to driving great customer experiences through a balanced approach which focuses on setting our members up for long-term success while mitigating risk and potential loss to eBay. Teammates have the responsibility to make the best decision for the customer and the business while ensuring site safety and customer satisfaction. These decisions could include customer education warnings removing listings restricting buying/selling activity suspension of all site activity and handling appeals on actions taken through multiple channels.
- Use Customer Service tools to make good business decision that drive seller/buyer success while working to mitigate risk and losses for eBay
- Apply problem solving and judgement when considering limits selling performance and restrictions on a member’s account
- Effectively communicate via multiple contact channels by utilizing active listening and clearly speaking to customers
- Coach sellers on trading practices which create good buyer experiences and enable safe sustainable growth on the platform
- Assess seller’s business model and recommend changes to align their business to eBay’s processes and policies.
- Collaborate with peers and leaders to identify customer pain points and recommend changes to improve processes and/or policies
- Understand eBay policies that would help judgement in decisions to limit eBay’s exposure to risk
- Achieve quality satisfaction and operational metrics as set out by your leadership team
- A stellar communicator who can speak optimally to customers from many diverse backgrounds
- Customer-centric allowing you to maintain high level of customer focus in many different and complicated situations
- Skilled and compassionate to the needs of customers
- Comfortable in a dynamic fast-paced working environment
- An outstanding teammate you thrive on helping coworkers when needed
- Self reliant – able to take ownership and lead out on customer concerns
- 3+ years of call center or customer service related experience
- Real passion for member concerns and problem solving
- Conflict management and creative thinking skills
- The ability to meet strict attendance guidelines and thrive in a scheduled environment
- Interest in skill-development and career growth
- A calm and confident demeanor in uncertain circumstances
Work from Utah Based Home Requirements:
- You must be located in Florida.
- Have a secure workspace in a room or office with a door that closes it off from noises and distractions such as pets children and other adults.
- Wired Internet connection capable of continuously supporting excellent call quality and high-speed response rates (wireless DSL and/or satellite Internet Service Providers are not compatible with our systems).
- Internet service does need to have a consistent internet speed of 10 mbps download and 4 mbps upload.
- Highly competitive starting pay of $19.50/hr with 10-15% differentials for evening and weekend hours
- Yearly performance raises as well as performance based quarterly bonuses with a target of 6% and the opportunity to earn more
- Health Vision and Dental Coverage starting on your first day
- 16+ Days of Paid Time Off + 11 paid holidays
- 401K benefits
- eBay Sabbatical- Every 5 years receive 4 weeks off at 100% pay to refresh and recharge
- Internet reimbursement
- And much more at ebaybenefits.com
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds perspectives and geographies. So being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for it is who we are and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee you feel eBay is a place where no matter who you are you feel safe included and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity veteran status and disability or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.