Job Responsibilities : Backend Engineer – SaladCloud
Salary : $130,000 – $170,000 a year
Company : Salad technologies
Location : Remote US
Salad’s mission is to offer private individuals the easiest and most trusted way to monetize their computer hardware. The SaladCloud group delivers on that promise by orchestrating our geodistributed network of hundreds of thousands of heterogeneous machines and introducing novel workloads that leverage its unique characteristics. We’re building the future of cloud computing.
Compensation Range: $130K-170K
- Work closely with the product manager stakeholders and partners to help shape technical requirements and specifications
- Design implement and improve the capabilities performance and reliability of the service
- Work independently to follow through on assignments with minimal direction and take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent in equivocal situations
- 7+ years professional experience web-based application services or APIs
- 2+ years professional experience with C#
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET Core
- Strong understanding of web application security fundamentals and best practices
- Proficiency designing and developing REST and gRPC APIs
- Proficiency designing and developing highly scalable services using microservice architecture principles
- Possess excellent communication skills with a keen ability to articulate complex technical challenges and solutions
- Possess skills necessary to apply agile methodologies in day to day activities
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science Computer Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- Unlimited Vacation
- Pays 75% Health
- $500 Work From Home Budget
- Fully Remote Team
- Computer Provided
- Referral Bonus
Anyone we hire will share in the challenges and rewards of a rapidly developing company. Ideal candidates must be comfortable advancing projects with minimal oversight synthesizing discrete tasks from cross-team discussions and thoroughly advocating their ideas. Because our team is entirely remote new hires will also be expected to keep themselves on task and optimize their personal workflows.
Though we support scheduling flexibility we ask new hires to commit to a core workday that allows for collaboration with teammates operating within the UTC-05:00 (EST) and UTC-09:00 (AKST) time zones. You must work in a time zone in or between the EST and AKST times zones. Only open to U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Resident Card holders.
The Salad desktop application allows gamers and everyday webizens to share latent compute resources from their idle PCs—like processing cycles storage or bandwidth—on a distributed network called The Kitchen where they can contribute to advanced computing tasks and power their passions with meaningful rewards. Every year Salad Chefs claim over 3 million games gift cards subscriptions and other digital rewards using value earned on Salad.
With their help our network has surpassed some of the world’s top supercomputers with peaks of 80 pFLOPS and counting! Since our founding in 2018 the Salad community has contributed over 8000 years of latent processing cycles to distributed computing networks and donated thousands to environmental charities like #TeamTrees and 1% for the Planet. Now we’re activating that robust supply of shared resources to create a decentralized and entirely people-powered cloud computing platform.
By 2025 the SaladCloud platform will offer affordable workload-agnostic cloud computing infrastructure for virtually any use case. Whether it’s bootstrapping VPN services spinning up P2P gaming networks securely distributing 3D rendering jobs to thousands of anonymous nodes or seeding new blockchains (decentralization-as-a-service) there’s nothing the Salad Kitchen can’t cook up.