Job Responsibilities : Director, Software Engineering – Privacy
Salary : $163,000 a year
Company : Nike
Location : Remote US
Become a Part of the NIKE Inc. Team
NIKE Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow think dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers leaders and visionaries. At NIKE Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world and then give them the support to constantly innovate iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative diverse multidisciplinary and collaborative taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are seeking a Director of Software Engineering focusing on Privacy who is passionate about growing and sustaining an innovative technology organization while fostering a culture of engineering and operational excellence. This individual will be an engineering leader who enjoys solving complex business problems in a fast-paced collaborative inclusive and iterative delivery environment.
This engineering organization is responsible for our end-to-end Data Privacy & Governance Technologies and this role will play a pivotal role in bringing all the teams which deal with consumer data and privacy together to tackle complex problems across consumer’s journey through the Nike ecosystems from consumer facing systems thru Data Analytical Systems to the Marketing systems and beyond.
In this role you will lead platform foundation/enablement teams in Customer and Marketplace Technology (CMT) organization you’ll work on building a secure resilient standards-based integration-friendly privacy platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and leverage a cross functional partnership to create a configuration driven Privacy Platform that will incorporate requirements addressing the Privacy Tech Capabilities across all Nike Platforms both local and global
- Partner with cross organization Product Design Architecture leads in designing and decomposing identity and access management capabilities services and experience
- Collaborate across a variety of application and technology areas – Experience platforms and Line of Business services
- Lead run and grow multiple teams of product focused engineers and delivery leaders working with consumer privacy across the different teams within Nike
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities acceptance and success criteria test scenarios and test strategies
- Work within and across Agile teams to design develop test implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Encourage innovation implementation of innovative technologies outside-of-the-box thinking collaboration self-organization inclusion and diversity
- Work to improve the velocity of teams working towards improving Nike’s Privacy Posture
- Lead vendor and internal partner engagements for continuity maintenance and security of subscribed and/or adopted software and services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or related disciple or combination of relevant education experience and training. Advanced degree in engineering preferred
- 3+ years of engineering management experience including having managers and managers of managers reporting into you
- 7+ years of engineering development experience with technology related platforms with team-building skills and proven track record of collaborating effectively with a team
- Experience working with teams across the Enterprise that Capture Process Store & Transmit data
- Have people leading skills with the ability to coach mentor and serve as an effective manager of managers – inspiring empowering and growing engineers
- Experience working closely with Product and Design leaders
- Experience building end-to-end modular secure and scalable applications and experiences
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization be self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Have a strong background in software engineering principles patterns and practices for designing building and instrumenting scalable and resilient systems
- Experience establishing practices that institutionalize engineering field and rigor that enable teams to develop high quality reliable software delivered through reliable and repeatable release processes
Open to remote work except cannot work in South Dakota Vermont and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado this position starts at $163000 per year. Information about benefits
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package casual work environment a diverse and inclusive culture and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location or the role every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race color religion sex national origin age sexual orientation gender identity gender expression veteran status or disability.