Job Responsibilities : Digital Marketing Coordinator
Salary : $45,000–$55,000 a year
Company : Wallop Creative
Location : Remote CA
Wallop is an 18-year-old independent digital marketing agency that connects people places and experiences. We work with one-of-kind travel and hospitality brands in North America and around the world. Travel curiosity and exploration are attributes we look for in our candidates in alignment with our brand and positioning.
Our company is experiencing a lot of growth and we’re looking for people who want to be part of our journey of becoming the best specialist agency in the world.
What it’s like to work here
We are an organization that leads with context over control which reflects two of our core values – autonomy and accountability. People who work here have autonomy steered at a high level through our guiding principles within a culture of accountability.
You’ve noticed that this is a specialist firm vertically positioned in travel and hospitality. We are experts an important distinction to have in a crowded marketplace like the one we operate in and a core value in our company. Therefore we expect you to continuously grow your expertise within your role.
We say that for today’s knowledge workers focus is a superpower – also one of our values. That’s why we’ve developed a work culture that allows for deep work and focus and teach our employees how to be effective in a modern work environment that’s littered with distractions. This knowledge is supported by workplace policies that regulate things like tools communication and meetings.
We have a great office but the pandemic sparked a rapid and permanent transition from office-primary to remote first. There will always be a space provided to our employees to work outside of their homes but the expectation is that you will work remotely.
At Wallop we place less focus on selling off-the-shelf products and more emphasis on building tailored solutions that take into account the nuances of each client organization. We are big on measurement and changing course to address new opportunities or trends in the marketplace.
On a day-to-day basis your tasks will include:
- Assisting with the definition and implementation of digital marketing strategies including but not limited to:
- Search engine optimization (on-page technical local content)
- Paid advertising (search display social video)
- Conversion rate optimization
- Auditing client meetings and communicating and coordinating details internally and externally.
- Developing industry-specific expertise to share relevant recommendations to clients.
You’re a well-rounded generalist with experience managing a portfolio of clients and developing/implementing digital strategies.
Skills & experience
- You have account/project management experience and are comfortable managing presenting and reporting to clients.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience with SEO and are familiar with on-page and technical SEO.
- You have experience running campaigns via Google Ads Microsoft Ads and Facebook/Instagram.
- You know your way around Google Analytics. You love to crunch data can make sense of it act on it and present it to clients in a way that is clear and concise.
- You are familiar with Google Tag Manager.
Bonus points for:
- Google certifications (Analytics Google Ads Search/Display/Mobile etc.).
- Experience with advertising on hospitality industry-specific platforms such as Google Hotel Ads TripAdvisor and OTAs (Expedia Booking.com).
- Experience with industry-specific technology (SynXis TravelClick Revinate TripTease HotelChamp The Hotels Network etc.).
- Additional language skills (ideally French or Spanish).
- Organic social media experience.
- Blog and think piece writing.
- Owning an adorable pet to show off during team calls.
- You like people and people like you (i.e. you’re not an a-hole).
- You’re team-oriented but equally happy to work on solo projects
- You’re willing to learn and can multitask and prioritize deliverables.
- You’re comfortable working remotely and building relationships this way.
- Can work hours that cross over with our core 9:00-5:30 pm PST working day
- Salary range of $45000 – $55000
- Bonus program – exceptional performance and individual results rewarded by managers
- Profit share – 10% of profits are distributed to non-executive employees and 10% to executives
- Flexible working hours and days (however partial Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday mornings will be required)
- Ability to work remotely or from our Vancouver office
- 15 days of vacation (3 weeks) to start
- Extended Christmas holidays
- Extended Easter weekend (Easter Monday & Easter Friday)
- Extended health and medical benefits
- Summer company beach day and winter holiday party
- Ability to work from another country to extend a vacation or time at your home country
- Bi-annual performance reviews and annual salary reviews
- $750 annual health and wellness spending account (for use by you and your family)
- $1200 annual training budget
- $500 home office stipend in addition to a new company Macbook Pro for work use
- Parental leave salary top-up during your first month’s leave