Job Responsibilities : Administrative Coordinator
Salary : $18 per hour
Company : Columbia University Medical Center
Location : New York, NY 10032
- Process university appointments and promotions for instructional and research faculty.
- Ensure appropriate Columbia University posting and recruitment processes are followed. Post faculty positions through HRCULES and lnterfolio. Submit advertisements for posting in academic journals.
- Work with area administrators to process voluntary Columbia University appointments
- Responsible for the process of new and renewal visas for international employees and observers using the International Students and Scholars Office Compass system.
- Process Criminal Background Clearances as needed.
- Assist with Memorandum of Agreements/Memorandums of Understanding.
- Assist with the recruitment of staff by posting positions on Columbia’s job sites and appropriate advertising sources (including obtaining all required approvals and tracking position progress) scheduling in-person and/or Zoom meetings managing the I-9 process; completing pre-hire background checks processing all new hires and any employment-related changes and providing administrative support to search committees for junior level positions.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all new administrative staff; contact new employees to collect the required information and HR paperwork (tax forms personal information forms etc.); participate in the CDM new hire orientation.
- Communicate effectively with faculty and staff to maintain compliance with university requirements and policies.
- Cross cover other related administrative positions and perform other duties as assigned.
Must successfully complete online system trainings requirements
Must be proficient in business software applications (Microsoft Word Excel PowerPoint and Outlook email calendar etc.).
Excellent communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle confidential information with exceptional judgment and discretion.
Demonstrated ability to set priorities handle multiple assignments and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a highly pressured fast-paced environment.
Ability to work independently and among a group of colleagues.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran