Job Responsibilities : Disaster Assistance Representative
Salary : $24.23 an hour
Company : Homeland Security and Emergency Services, Division of
Location : Albany, NY 12226
- Validate county damage assessments immediately following a disaster (assess and document all significant impacts to a geographical area).
- Represent DHSES during FEMA Preliminary Damage Assessments (PDA) and advise DHSES leadership on any issues.
- Schedule attend and participate in all meetings with applicants and assist in briefings to inform/educate applicants on recovery programs and administrative processes.
- Provide programmatic and technical assistance to applicants as required to formulate projects and input to the Grants Management Portal.
- Act as a resource for internal and external agency personnel and applicants concerning State and Federal laws rules and regulations relating to Public Assistance programs.
- Develop project narratives identify expenses and review for eligibility and accuracy for reimbursement and reconciliation.
- Track and maintain project workloads and completion dates for Public Assistance Recovery Operations.
- Report to the DAR Coordinators Deputy Chief and/or Chief of recovery as required and/or requested.
- Ability to work effectively with the County Emergency Manager and Office of Emergency Management Regional Director.
- Deploy to active disaster operations where needed in New York State for extended periods of time; up to 60 days based on the needs of the agency.
- Review and/or provide professional recommendations on proposed project changes and progress payment requests.
- Organize maintain and update electronic information and documentation for contracts disaster declarations letters program and financial information and reports.
- Validate claimed costs and special considerations.
- Provide project updates to the DAR Coordinator Disaster Assistance Manager (DAM) and Disaster Assistance Officer (DAO).
- Assist applicants with the appeals process to FEMA.
- Perform other Public Assistance disaster related duties as assigned.