Job Responsibilities : Data Reporting Analyst
Salary : $94500 per year
Company : Delta Dental Ins.
Location : Remote US
At Delta Dental our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity making and keeping commitments and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change be curious and challenge the status quo and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development building genuine connections recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The incumbent in this position uses methodologies tools and best practices for modelling reports and dashboards. The position brings value with programming techniques to stage and prepare data design reports and drive delivery of visual analytics from data mart sources. The incumbent esteems the journaling of knowledge and the importance of knowledge management in raising the technical and business proficiency of our team. This role designs automation for the efficiency and systematized data validation of critical data processes audits regulatory filings and report deliverables. The Data Reporting Analyst delivers self-serve data solutions in the form of automated reports and dashboards.
The ideal candidate is located on the East Coast.
How you will make an impact:
- Interviews and elicits information and understanding from the business to design reporting and analytics including visual dashboard solutions leveraging data marts.
- Integrates data to meet usability requirements and designs self-serve business reporting systems.
- Drives documentation for all work produced journaling knowledge data definitions and reports inventory.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities for data point availability and veracity of data within key systems.
- Assists the business with execution plans to help resolve data-related process gaps and challenges.
- Collaborates with IT and Data & Analytic COE teams to address technical debt and the advancement of an Enterprise Data Model.
- Continuously tracks changes in business systems; reconciles the impact of those changes within reporting systems aligns metric definitions and calculations and accounts for reporting requirements. Scales reporting systems to accommodate new observable metrics.
- Drives a continuous review and consolidation cycle for reports in inventory; focuses on consolidation and elimination of manual reports.
- Performs lifecycle maintenance of Operations reporting systems; coordinates software maintenance releases w/IT; communicates any impacts to the business.
- Seeks guidance on best practices for data and analytics modelling and methods with senior staff.
What we look for:
- Relevant experience in a quantitative focused analyst or analytics role in a fast-paced data-driven environment; 3+ years preferred.
- Proficient in data visualization tools (Tableau Power BI).
- Proficient in data extraction technologies (SQL scripting spreadsheets databases reporting tools standards-based connectivity options unstructured data extraction tools).
- Proficiency in integration of data sources utilizing SSIS packages.
- Proficient in automating data acquisition and self-serve report design in SSRS.
- Solution practitioner and consultancy mentality; strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Meticulous attention to detail confirming data accuracy and an ability to learn quickly.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and work with key stakeholders across different departments.
- Required Education- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferably a STEM related discipline (examples: Computer Science Analytics Business Engineering Mathematics).
- Essential Tools: Free-hand SQL SSRS Tableau Business Objects JIRA VBA Excel or Access Power BI Power Automate.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation 12 holidays 9 sick days and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program focusing on overall employee well-being
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon entertainment travel and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
Please note Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative self-aware and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action connect with us on social media: Delta Dental Ins. on Facebook and Instagram #LifeatDDins on Facebook and Instagram Twitter and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn.
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification supported by the platforms of Culture and People Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust Service Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California Delta Dental of New York Inc. Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company together with our affiliate companies form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members or affiliates of members of the Delta Dental Plans Association a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race color religion sex national origin age disability genetics or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoff recall transfer leaves of absence compensation and training.
Unfortunately our Delta Dental Enterprise is unable to hire individuals residing in Alaska North Dakota Nebraska Hawaii Oklahoma Vermont Maine West Virginia New Hampshire Wyoming Puerto Rico or other US Territories at this time.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
Delta Dental* has enacted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to protect all employees and the communities we serve due to the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Are you able to comply with our policy of being fully vaccinated by your start date if an offer is made or have a medical or sincerely held religious exemption for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine? Failure to comply with our policy and submit proof of compliance or receive approval for a valid medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption prior to your start date will nullify any offer of employment extended to you.
- Delta Dental includes: Delta Dental of California Delta Dental Insurance Company Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental of New York