Job Responsibilities : Cafeteria Manager
Salary : From $35,000 a year
Company : D.E.L.T.A. STEAM Academy
Location : Mableton, GA US
Educational requirements : High School
APPLY TODAY: https://forms.gle/UNMCqWTueYLuD3uq5
ABOUT D.E.L.T.A STEAM ACADEMY
D.E.L.T.A STEAM Academy is a new K-8 tuition-free public charter school serving students in Douglas County South Fulton County South Cobb County and Atlanta Public Schools. D.E.L.T.A stands for “Deliberate Excellence Leads To Achievement”. When our vision is fully realized we will be the best in the country at producing the next generation of culturally conscious critical and creative thinkers. Our instructional model is a full immersion STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math) project-based learning environment. Our art of choice is performing arts – focusing on dance theater music and voice – infused throughout our curriculum. We endeavor to prepare students to diversify STEM fields where less than 9% of employees are of African American or Latino descent. As such our students are taught daily through the engineering design process and intentionally focus on 21st century skills of collaboration and critical thinking. While learning to think deeply and creatively students are also developing the character and habits of mind that will enable them to be not only academically successful but also socially and emotionally adept.
We opened the doors of our first campus in Lithia Springs in August of 2020. Come join us in making history!
The Cafeteria Manager reports to the Director of Operations ensuring we meet high standards of nutrition and cleanliness. Our students receive a balanced meal for lunch daily that keeps them energized and alert for learning. It is expected that meals are served in variety and that they meet daily nutritional guidelines. On average the school serves 110- 125 meals per day.
The Cafeteria Manager is committed to the “Foundational Five”:
Our core values – Excellence Perseverance Integrity Culture and Community – serve as the foundation for all decisions.
Every child that enters our doors deserves a quality rigorous education in a nurturing environment that provides access and opportunity for success in the college and/or career of their choice. We must be intentional in this daily provision.
Teachers have the most important job in the building and therefore deserve an efficiently operating environment that increases personal productivity and student achievement simultaneously.
Teamwork makes the DREAM work.
Founding a new school is rewarding but hard work. You are prepared and committed to ensuring the success of our school.
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 2 years of school cafeteria experience
- Minimum 5 years commercial cooking experience
- Experience in elementary charter schools preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & MINDSETS
- Unwavering commitment to the vision mission and values of D.E.L.T.A STEAM Academy
- Knowledge and understanding of the engineering design process
- Superb communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple workstreams at once
- Ability to facilitate courageous conversations and remain calm under pressure
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Ability to commit to 3-5 years of service in the role
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience along with a full benefits package including medical dental vision short-term disability retirement plans life insurance and parental leave. A generous paid time off policy that includes a combination of vacation and personal/sick days is offered.
Apply now: https://forms.gle/UNMCqWTueYLuD3uq5
D.E.L.T.A STEAM Academy is committed to building a team that mirrors the community we serve and encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we hire without consideration of race religion creed color national origin age gender sexual orientation marital status pregnancy/parenthood veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $35000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees students and visitors are required to wear masks while on campus.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- cafeteria management: 2 years (Required)
- cooking: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location