Job Responsibilities : Data Scientist
Salary : $98000 per year
Company : Toyota North America
Location : Remote US
Who We’re Looking For
Toyota Motors North America’s (TMNA) Information Technology Department is looking for a Data Scientist for Marketing and Consumer portfolio within the CTO organization.
The primary responsibility of this role is to build machine learning models using marketing and customer data to help personalize Toyota.com website and optimize online marketing campaigns.
Reporting to the Principal Data Scientist, the person in this role will support the Marketing Technology and Analytics department’s objective to enable data-driven marketing decisions within the TMNA Marketing Business initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Apply advances in ML techniques to solve complex business problems in the area of Personalization engine, Campaign performance Optimizations and Marketing
- Design and perform Experiments to prove hypothesis, and conduct A/B test, quasi-experiments to identify impact of the personalization engine and optimizations
- Provide leadership and guide ML Engineering to build state-of-the art ML Pipelines to Train, Test, Deploy and Monitor models, Tune Hyperparameters, detect model and data drift and resolve issues
- Write unit test cases, validation checks, technical documentation, and user stories as per requirements
- Present machine learning models outcomes, and help interpret model predictions to various stakeholders using standard data visualization tools
- Participate in meetings and engage with data scientists, and other team members to provide feedback and continuously improve data science standards, practices, and procedures
What You Bring
- Knowledge of Bayesian Statistics, Probability Theory, Machine Learning techniques, Deep Learning, and A/B Testing
- Exposure to building recommender systems, feature engineering, tuning hyperparameters, and Model serving using API
- Proficient in Python, Tensorflow, Keras, Jupyter Notebooks, Apache Spark, and SQL
- Experience working in cloud platforms (GCP (preferred), AWS), and familiarity with Big-data technologies and handling large datasets
- Degree in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics; advanced degree is desirable
Added Bonus If You Have
- Experience with deploying model in production
- Exposure to Landing Page Optimizations, Paid Advertising, and entity resolution at scale
What We’ll Bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
This position is based in Plano, TX. Toyota encourages all employees to live within a reasonable commuting distance of their assigned work location. Remote work from outside the Plano, TX area may be approved. However, any expenses incurred as a result of commuting to your assigned location are at your own personal expense and not reimbursed by Toyota.
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our_ _careers page on Toyota.com or send an email to TalentLinkAdmin@toyota.com.