Job Responsibilities : Data Engineer
Salary : 114929 per Year
Company : IBM
Location : Remote US
At IBM work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) is in search of Data Engineers. CIO owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools workstations devices and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM’s 365000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use engineering the systems that run the business and innovating to transform the business.
This role resides within the CIO Hybrid Cloud Platforms division of the CIO organization. CIO Hybrid Cloud Platforms provides the platforms and infrastructure that powers IBM allowing business and application teams to focus on creating the digital business experiences that will drive IBM forward.
Our primary focus within CIO Hybrid Cloud Platforms is driving our CIO Hybrid Cloud strategy forward. The CIO Hybrid Cloud built with Red Hat and IBM technologies is the engine for the IBM cognitive enterprise. It provides the speed scale and security for IBM’s digital business experiences connecting data information and people to bring IBM into the future. We need leaders to join our team that can take an energetic creative and collaborative approach to helping to execute our hybrid cloud strategy particularly around adoption. If you’re excited about helping to develop a strategy with adoption and self-service as part of the backbone in achieving the speed scale and security that a hybrid cloud environment can ultimately provide then this role and our team may provide a great opportunity for you to thrive.
In this role you’ll have an opportunity to transform our portfolio of IBM applications within the CIO Cirrus Data & Analytics Team using your world-class knowledge of data and analytics. You’ll develop data models dashboards reports and automation that drive hybrid cloud platform adoption. You’ll work with platform teams to understand their data sources and determine how to produce insights from that data. You’ll provide clarity and direction to teams that are adopting these platforms by providing views into data that will help shape behaviors.
As a Data Engineer within the Cirrus Data & Analytics Team you are a leader and catalyst for change. You’ll energize others around you who are willing to follow you in evolving the way we operate communicate and collaborate. You’ll build tools and visualizations for business stakeholders including application development infrastructure and management to illustrate the benefits and value of hybrid cloud platform adoption. You’ll also develop a great understanding of the needs of platform teams application teams and IBM’s business and facilitate each component’s contribution to our hybrid cloud transformation.
- Understand and promote the CIO Hybrid Cloud Platforms strategy and IBM’s strategy as the Hybrid Cloud and AI company
- Working with our domain operations leads build a data platform that integrates with and combines data from disparate sources
- Discover ways to measure metrics related to value efficiency cost best practices and compliance
- Collaborate with our Hybrid Business Management team to provide analysis of hybrid cloud adoption hard and soft benefits
- Build dashboards and automated reports that further the Cirrus Data & Analytics Team’s goals and drive optimal behavior
- Work with platform teams to automate compliance and application architecture analysis
- Search for patterns using data and uncover tasks that can be automated
- Use data in an open way to iterate innovate and inspire
Most of our teams are located in Atlanta GA; Austin TX; Boston Metro MA; New York NY; Raleigh NC; Armonk NY; and Southbury CT. However since the nature of our work is hybrid we welcome applications from other locations.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion gender gender identity or expression sexual orientation national origin genetics disability age or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore in order to be considered for this position you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
#Li-remote #beequal #womenintech #blackgirlscode #neurodiversity #Cloud #DataEngineer #ETL #Spunk #Python #DataIntegration #Kubernetes #OpenShift #CloudInfrastructure #IBMCloud @LifeAtIBM
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience with relevant programming languages such as Python R and/or Java
- 3+ years of SQL experience (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- Understanding of data science concepts
- Expertise with ETL and data visualization tools. Splunk experience is a plus
- Expertise in data analysis and managing large complex datasets
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and application development concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to drive buy-in with our stakeholders
- Possess confident analytical creative problem-solving critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an agile squad-based continuous delivery development model
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with Kubernetes-based cloud platforms such as Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience working with IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools workstations devices and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM’s 350000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use engineering the systems that run the business and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so then it’s time to join us express your individuality unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer and potential ones like yourself has a voice carves their own path and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients of society and IBM itself to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence reason and science we can improve business society and the human condition bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911 we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance retirement plans and time off eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan save and manage your money (including expert financial counseling 401(k) IBM stock discount etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products services and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore in order to be considered for this position you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion gender gender identity or expression sexual orientation national origin genetics pregnancy disability age veteran status or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.