Job Responsibilities : Data Analyst – Healthcare
Salary : $58000 Per Year
Company : Someplum Consulting Group
Location : Remote CA
Data Analyst – Healthcare
Are you passionate about working toward improving lives? Do you enjoy working in a supportive collaborative team setting and contributing in many ways? Are you excited about the prospect of helping an early-stage agency grow while having an opportunity to contribute to and share in its success?
If so – we want to meet you!
We are looking for a strong Data Analyst who has experience working in clinical health settings (healthcare) to join our team and start immediately.
We are a group of experienced and talented dedicated passionate professionals that deliver exceptional health system transformation change management and management support services. We take a more unique and collaborative approach to service delivery by focusing on the intersections of people innovation and forward-thinking change. We help healthcare organizations solve their most pressing problems deliver exceptional value and create better outcomes for all.
Position Level: Consultant / Associate / Analyst
Start Date: Immediately (within 2 weeks)
This role requires a range of analytical skills and competencies for various client and project work both internally and externally. Ideally you possess:
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Python VBA MS Excel Data Extraction and Data Mining tools (strong preference – SQL Excel)
- Experience with data gathering storing and retrieval methods
- Experience with visualization tools (Cognos) open-source visualization libraries
- An inquisitive mindset and a penchant for data exploration and insight discovery
As the ideal candidate you have a background of at least 5 to 10 years experience in analytical roles combined with strong business analysis skills and experience exceptional presentation and communication skills and strength as a collaborative team player. You share a passion for and can demonstrate through your experience both analytical and problem-solving skills while delivering exceptional professional services.
In this role your responsibilities may include connecting to gathering and analyzing various forms of both raw and cleaned/prepared data and/or information synthesizing data into summary-level insights creating reference documentation building BI-based dashboards and reports that convey critical information to stakeholders conducting health systems research and interfacing with external clinical and non-clinical subject matter experts.
- Full-spectrum data analytics; design development and implementation of analytics and business reporting solutions.
- Incorporate data from multiple sources to provide comprehensive analysis and strategic insights.
- Employ demonstrate and advocate analytics best practices in the areas of data processing modeling data wrangling data visualization and data storytelling.
- Create models and analytical tools to prepare detailed analytics which are easily understood by all levels within the organization.
- Perform various ad-hoc reporting research and analysis duties to support day-to-day operational and strategic management decisions.
- Develop various management reports dashboards presentations and other analytical tools to increase visibility and communicate challenges and concerns with suggested improvements.
- Understand and prioritize business requirements while managing the expectations of stakeholders.
- Partner with various teams and stakeholders throughout the organization to identify process improvements and gather inputs and commentary necessary to complete projects and understand results through observation interviews data mining and process analysis.
- Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and client relationships acting as a change agent influencing team and project implementation methodologies including identification of project risks and mitigation items.
- Conduct gap analyses identifying areas of need and opportunities to eliminate redundant processes.
- Coordinate requirements specification reviews and walkthroughs to ensure clarity and completeness and representation accuracy.
- Provide documentation and support the facilitation of test case scenarios to validate logic for test rules and cases and work collaboratively with teams to provide internal training material.
Qualifications / Skills:
- 10 years’ experience as a data analyst utilizing SQL and working with relational database management systems including querying databases with complex relationships between tables 5 years’ experience performing range of data and business analysis services in clinical health / healthcare / health systems settings
- Significant experience with SQL SQL queries and developing visual representations of data using third party tools Excel & Cognos
- Excel power user – adept at analyzing data using MS Excel (advanced functions VB macros pivots lookups etc)
- Experience with visualization tools – Cognos
- Experience working with various data platforms; structured and unstructured
- Knowledge or desire to learn statistical techniques (e.g. regression cluster decision trees)
- Working knowledge in data analytics/data management/programming experience considered an asset
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with proven experience working within cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to report and presentation detail is critical; must have significant experience synthesizing material and information into cogent well-constructed presentations and material
- A strong understanding of and/or experience in the business analyst scope of practice including familiarity with BABOK framework and principles is considered an asset
What We Offer:
- Values: we are a people-focused agency determined to innovate through collaboration and trust
- A great team environment with an incredibly strong passionate and collaborative team-focused group
- Annual team-based and individual performance bonuses and strong comprehensive benefits package
- An opportunity to join an early-stage agency and share in being a part of building something great together
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you we want to hear from you! Please contact us and let us know more about yourself and why you think you make a good fit.
Job Type: Full-time
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to start immediately?
- Data analysis skills: 10 years (required)