Job Responsibilities : Data Analyst
Salary : $105000 Per Year
Company : Firsthand
Location : Remote US
firsthand is changing the way individuals living with Serious Mental Illness (SMI) get care. We are focusing on delivering real outcomes for a cohort that has historically been underserved stigmatized and deprioritized. By building a service focused on whole-person care firsthand aims to find establish a trusting relationship with and support quality care for individuals living with complex experiences of SMI. firsthand’s high-touch model will dramatically improve the health and outcomes of its engaged individuals driving down the utilization of high-cost care while also helping individuals enroll in eligible federal state and municipal benefits. Most importantly our goal is to be the trusted guide partner and first call for individuals we serve guiding them to a life of stability and independence.
In doing so we will not only improve lives but also improve the economics for managed care plans and states responsible for providing care to this community. This enables us to build solutions that scale and as a result change the way our society supports those most impacted by serious mental illness.
We are building a team of deeply passionate problem-solvers who are courageous enough to take on one of the country’s most challenging healthcare problems. Those who are up for the task will be rewarded with deeply mission-oriented workdays mentorship from a similarly motivated team and a voice at the table in the earliest stages of business building.
As a member of the technology team you will deliver trusted and actionable insights that help our markets serve individuals living with serious mental illness at scale. Our technology team supports our team of peers social workers and nurse practitioners to plan appropriate care and focus on critical tasks rather than manual inefficient activities.
This is a unique opportunity to do greenfield development at a stage where you can make a massive impact on foundational technology designs and decisions.
You will be building impactful healthcare technology on a modern stack.
As a Data Analyst you will:
- Be responsible for compiling actionable insights from data and help operations and clinical managers build data-driven processes
- Build stories and narratives around data to help business stakeholders make faster higher-quality decisions
- Consult with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and deliver appropriate data solutions to meet their needs
- Perform various analytics projects using healthcare patient datasets (claims clinical HCP etc.) mainly US claim data Medical and Pharmacy claim & patient level analysis transactions (e.g. 837 and 835) pharmacy claims (NCPDP D.0) EMR/EHR lab transactions and other emerging data assets)
- Perform analytics against healthcare data to support client initiatives using SQL
- Analyze and understand data from varied healthcare claims sources in standard formats
- Handle incoming data validate it to ensure usability map it to platform specifications and perform verification
You will be a good fit if you have:
- Knowledge of standard methods for measuring health care utilization spending quality and outcomes; risk adjustment; provider profiling; and related analytical tasks.
- Understanding of healthcare data such as Medical Claims Rx Claims Clinical Data Eligibility and Provider Data
- Experience with clinical coding systems such as ICD10 diagnosis codes ICD10 procedure codes CPT codes revenue codes provider NPI codes NDC Rx codes
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- You are a team player and are interested in working at a small rapidly-changing fast-paced startup environment.
The experience you bring to this role includes:
- 1-2 years of experience with cloud-based tools such as Looker Power BI Tableau Quicksight etc
- 3-4 years of SQL experience
- 3-4 years of experience with claims data experience
This is a full-time exempt salaried position reporting to the Head of Engineering. firsthand cares deeply about ensuring pay equity with every team member who joins. The expected range for this role’s base salary is $105000 to $115000.
Our compensation package includes base equity and a bonus potential. Our benefits include physical and mental health dental vision 401(k) with a match 16 weeks parental leave for either parent flexible vacation and a supportive culture. This role can be done remotely anywhere in the United States.