Job Responsibilities : Customer Support Agent, Ikon Pass – $20/hr (West/Central Regional)
Salary : $20 an hour
Company : Alterra Mountain Company
Location : Remote US
AUTHENTICITY | PASSION | COMMUNITY | INNOVATION | ADVENTURE
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations including the world’s largest heli-ski operation offering the Ikon Pass the new standard in season passes. The Ikon Pass connects the most iconic mountains across North America Australia New Zealand Japan and Chile delivering authentic memorable snow adventures. Alterra Mountain Company owns and operates a range of recreation hospitality real estate development food and beverage retail and service businesses.
Headquartered in Denver Colorado with destinations across the continent Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe Mammoth Mountain June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; it’s being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains united by a passion for adventure and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free Ikon Base Pass for all eligible employees with additional free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees to rest relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear apparel rental cars etc.
- Medical dental vision life AD&D short term & long-term disability insurance EAP HSAs FSAs and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denver’s RiNo Art District neighborhood
Ikon Pass Customer Support Agents will specialize in assisting guests with all aspects of Alterra Mountain Company Season Passes. Inquiries will come thru various channels including telephone chat and email.
For this position remote work can only be accommodated in the following states: California Oregon Idaho Nevada Utah Colorado Montana Arizona Wyoming New Mexico and Texas.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to thoroughly understand all products and services available through Season Pass Sales. Will present accurate detailed information about the pass offerings and information. Will also provide general information about Alterra Mountain Company and the destinations via the telephone email or chat.
- Technical skills and an understanding of central RTP Ikon Tools AMP and the ability to perform basic math calculations as well as experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and a familiarity with web-browsing software are necessary.
- Candidates should have a proven record of being able to make logical decisions problem solve be resourceful and able to multitask.
- Mentoring and sharing of knowledge. Peer monitoring coaching and feedback. May include training of newer agents.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous direct experience with reservations/sales and/or customer service
- Professional communication skills required
- Proficient computer and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls without interruption in a positive and fresh manner
- Position requires a mature dependable flexible team-oriented person who is able to stay calm under pressure
- Self-motivated sales-oriented person
- Ability to apply mathematical skill to complex Season Pass purchases
- Must be available for varied shifts and days of the week (hours of operation may be 6 am to 6 pm PST daily).
- Meet or exceed required call volume in a positive manner.
- Ability to handle a wide range of guest demands and attitudes during phone calls while maintaining a productive and professional approach.
- Willingness to learn and share feedback and other information with fellow employees and supervisors.
- Uphold company and departmental policy at all times. Demonstrates support for company missions and values
- Willingness and ability to be part of and contribute to a successful departmental team. Is able to work under stressful conditions without creating tension among fellow employees vendors and supervisors. Work Station and surrounding area kept neat.
- Ability to communicate in a pleasant and efficient manner. Ability to present company policy in a diplomatic way. Possesses and utilizes good verbal communication skills and phone etiquette.
- Willingness to take the guest through all phases of the reservation. Accepts responsibility for entire reservation process and projects including any guest resolution situations with the aid of supervisory team.
- Knows policies procedures or ways to obtain this information.
- Willing to accept new policies and procedures as changes occur. Available for varied work shifts as agreed upon with the season pass team.
- Ability to complete projects before work shift ends. Reservations comments and notes are clear and fully explained. Passes pertinent information and suggestions to supervisors with feedback to improve reservation process.
- Adheres to lunch and break schedules so as to maximize coverage and provide quality guest service.
- Willing to accept new and varied responsibilities. Does fair share of workload.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk talk see hear and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify increase decrease suspend and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract guarantee promise or covenant of employment for any set term or duration or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is “at will” meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in California and the work is primarily in Laguna Hills CA and as such employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of California.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws and State County and City-specific labor and employment regulations where applicable.