Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Specialist (Remote)
Salary : $14.80 per hour
Company : American Red Cross
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- Saturday through Wednesday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Central Time (Thursday and Friday off)
- Thursday through Monday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Central Time (Tuesday and Wednesday off)
About this Role
1. Receive routine orders for a variety of blood and pharmaceutical products and transfusion-related supplies. Follow appropriate procedures ensuring accurate order entry and order fulfillment. Make follow-up calls if product needs cannot be met as expected. Determine most economical method of transportation for hospital shipments.
2. Maintain/work with data tools or computer programs to facilitate management and monitoring of product and service information. Rotate inventory of primary and remote facilities to ensure adequate supplies of products for the needs of customers.
3. Provide customer service to clients. Proactively communicate with hospital customers to increase customer satisfaction. Maintain positive and professional communications both internally as well as externally to provide regular product/service information and follow-up; promote teamwork.
4. Investigate and resolve hospital shipment problems.
5. Receive investigate and communicate related to customer concerns; complete customer concerns documentation accurately and timely then forward to appropriate individual(s) to follow-up/review.
6. Assist hospital personal with inventory alternatives when requested products are unavailable within established guidelines and procedures that assist the customer and the patient.
Education: High School or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum one years related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Progressive experience in a dynamic multi-task operational environment preferred. Experience in blood or pharmaceutical inventory management/hospital customer relations/logistics is preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of customers and staff (paid and volunteer). Must have excellent organizational skills be able to handle multiple priorities effectively. Problem solving and analytical skills. Working knowledge of computers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop kneel crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision color vision peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers phones and printers light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex gender identity sexual orientation race color religion national origin disability protected veteran status age or any other characteristic protected by law.
to learn more including our most-needed volunteer positions.