Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Representative
Salary : $15 per hour
Company : NORC at the University of Chicago
Location : Remote US
Telephone Interviewers are primarily responsible for screening and interviewing respondents over the phone. No sales or quotas! They talk to people across the country from all walks of life and even from around the world to obtain information on issues such as health care employment and education. The data collected provides insight for informed decisions and contributes to a better understanding of important issues facing American society.
- Competitive pay: Excellent starting wage of $15.00 per hour for regular interviewers and $15.50 per hour for Spanish/English bilinguals.
- Possibilities for promotion and pay increase within the first nine months and then every six months
- Flexible hours: Work between 20-28 hours by selecting from available evening and weekend shifts
- Convenient location
- Paid orientation and training
Successful interviewers are people of all ages and backgrounds with good communication skills who appreciate a flexible work schedule and are looking for meaningful part-time work. Spanish bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged.
This position will train and start working in our local office so you must live within commuting distance. However this can be a work from home position once you meet the requirements through successful demonstrated work in the office. The time frame is dependent on how quickly you meet the requirements.
If you are interested in working from home after that time NORC will provide computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) equipment but you must provide the following:
- Stable high speed internet connection required of at least 10mbps download speeds. A direct internet connection from modem to the computer is preferred.
- Dedicated access to a cell phone and ability to turn off notifications or incoming calls during working times.
- Quiet private place to conduct interviews.
- All NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely – must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19. NORC is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment.
- Must be a self-motivated individual of at least 18 years of age that can adhere to work schedule.
- Must be able to sit and use a telephone headset dial telephone numbers use a computer keyboard and read a script off a standard-size computer monitor for up to four (4) hours continuously.
- Knowledge of a PC Windows environment required.
- All employees hired for this position must present evidence of their identity and authorization to work in the United States (I9 documentation).
TSSO staff are vital to our nationwide survey research operation. Interviewers talk to people from all walks of life to obtain information on issues such as health care employment and education. The work we do at NORC has lasting social significance and the data we gather helps legislators and others involved in setting policy make informed decisions for the welfare of all Americans.