Job Responsibilities : Customer Service – Overnight (Remote)
Salary : $17 Per Hour
Company : Discover Financial Services
Location : Remote US
- Sign-on Bonus: up to $2K*
- And… We offer 100% remote, combo, or on site – it’s your choice! You do need to live in Ohio, Utah, Arizona, Delaware (and surrounding area), or Illinois.
- And… After you join the team, Discover will provide eligible employees with a one-time allowance of $500 to cover the costs of setting up a home office and a monthly internet reimbursement of $60.
- Bonus is paid in the following increments within 30 days of the following milestones:
- $500 following 60 days employed
- $500 following 120 days employed
- $1000 following 365 days employed
To receive the bonus, you must be employed with Discover at the time of payment. Stated bonus payouts are before taxes and deductions as applicable to you.
We know you’re going to love it here! Discover has an outstanding culture and the employee experience is fantastic! Check out all the reasons to apply:
We’ve got you covered with a variety of shifts for this position which would start in August.
You’ll notice we post all jobs in Eastern Time zone, but here’s what it means in your local time:
Available Shifts – Third Shift/Graveyard
- (DE & OH) 12:00 AM – 8:30 AM EDT
- (IL) 11:00 PM – 7:30 AM CDT
- (UT)10:00 PM – 6:30 AM MDT
- (AZ) 9:00 PM – 5:30 AM MST
Note: All Shifts are Monday- Friday with weekends as assigned
- Your recruiter will help you find the best shift for your lifestyle!
Starting wage of $17.00 per hour with shift differential opportunities to earn up to $22.76 per hour.
Full Time Benefits
We could say there are too many to list, but it’s worth it to share the good news!
Starting DAY ONE (yes, you heard that correctly – NO WAITING PERIOD), you can take advantage of our amazing benefit package, designed with you and your future in mind! Check out the full list:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Education Assistance: fully paid Bachelors and tuition assistance & reimbursement options
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What You Will Do
- Working from home, you will need a quiet workspace so you can focus on our customers. You’ll also need a minimum of 5 MBPS up/download speed from your internet provider.
- You’ll spend the majority of your shift talking with our customers, listening to their concerns, and providing the best solutions. You’ll be a master problem solver! You might interact with customers on the phone, in a chat session, or responding to emails.
- We’ll provide you with procedures and tools to handle our customer’s needs and strengthen their relationship with Discover.
- We’ll provide you with all the equipment you need! Monitors, computer, keyboard, mouse, headset, and an amazing new hire training experience. You’ll also have the best coaches to help you deliver the best service!
Qualifications You Will Need To Succeed
- Be reliable! We need you here to take care of our customers. Be committed to working your schedule.
- Enjoy helping others. You will be busy, taking call after call, assisting our customers.
- We are always looking for ways to make things better for our employees and customers- that means you will experience change, sometimes at a fast pace.
- Positive energy, strong communication, ability to focus on the issue and not take things personally. Let your personality shine.
- We want you to succeed! That means you will receive coaching and feedback. Be open and willing to try new things.
Bonus Points if you have:
- 1+ years of experience in related field
Benefits You Might Not Have Expected
- Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOW Points while you shop)
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- If you do choose to work onsite, we have a full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized mindful options, as well as access to our Fitness Center. We also have onsite Health Clinics.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.