Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Representative – Connect Benefit Advocate
Salary : $14 per hour
Company : Trustmark
Location : Remote
- Respond to telephone written and electronic inquiries from employees/members providers clients and other interested parties using system notes plan documents and booklets benefit reference documents Claim Reference Manuals and claims-related memoranda.
- Treat all inquiries professionally and respectfully following Health Benefits guidelines
- Appropriately refer or escalate calls based on customer service procedures and guidelines.
- Research inquiries and respond appropriately.
- Appropriately refer unresolved inquiries or inquiries requiring further action to the appropriate individual e.g. Analyst Corrections Senior and Supervisor/Manager.
- Follow-up regularly on outstanding issues to ensure timely resolution and client satisfaction.
- Thoroughly and accurately document all inquiries using PowerSTEPP and Family Files following Health Benefits guidelines.
- Communicate via telephone email electronic messaging fax or written letter with employees/members providers of service clients and/or other insurance carriers to ensure proper claim processing and issue resolution.
- Initiate outgoing calls or other service projects as assigned.
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- Previous customer service experience is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced customer service driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively with team members employees/members providers and clients
- Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral written or diagram form.
- Flexible; open to continued process improvement
- Ability to learn new/proprietary systems to adapt to various system platforms and to effectively use MS Excel/Word.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced call center is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible 37.5 hr. work week that includes holidays rotating Saturdays and possibly Sundays.
- Applicants must have the flexibility to start as early as 6:00 am CST and be able to work as late as 8:00 pm CST. You will be provided with a set work schedule based on business needs.
- Self-Funded Insurance/Benefits and/or TPA experience a plus.
- Knowledge of medical procedure diagnosis coding and medical terminology preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Familiarity with Summary Plan Documents (SPDs)/Insurance Booklets or other benefit descriptive tools a plus.