Job Responsibilities : Customer Support Specialist
Salary : $15 per hour
Company : The New York Times
Location : Remote
- Provide an effortless customer care experience through inbound and outbound phone email chat and social support.
- Identify the cause of problems quickly and methodically and determine the best solution.
- Work with partner teams to troubleshoot customer problems advocating tirelessly where necessary to ensure customers have the best experience possible.
- Triage difficult customer issues be the first to notice trends in customer complaints and communicate those trends to the respective internal team.
- Support our outsourced teams with advanced questions.
- Close the loop with customers and future-solve problems that you know are likely to come up for the customer later in their journey.
- Test new Customer Care models processes and technologies before we roll them out to the broader team.
- You’re naturally tech savvy and spend a fair amount of your day online. You generally know how the web and apps work.
- You have a serious passion for helping people and an obsession for great customer experience.
- You’re an avid news consumer across lots of different platforms.
- You can translate complex concepts into “layperson” speak even when talking to a frustrated customer.
- Your communication skills are second to none – you’re amazing on the phone over email or chat and in person.
- You have strong attention to detail and are extremely well-organized.
- This is a fully remote position