Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Agent
Salary : n
Company : Elephant Insurance
Location : Henrico, VA 23233 US
Educational requirements : High School
We are a rapidly growing direct-to-consumer insurance company based in Richmond VA. We believe that when people like what they do they do it better. We pride ourselves in creating a fun and positive work environment while encouraging employees to contribute to the long-term growth and profitability of the company. Elephant Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of Admiral Group PLC. Admiral Group is the second largest insurer in the UK with additional operations in France Italy and Spain.
In light of the continuing developments connected to the COVID-19 pandemic Elephant Insurance is enacting measures to contribute to the global effort to combat the spread of the virus. The majority of Elephant Insurance employees have temporarily moved to work at home to comply with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. When Elephant Insurance returns to normal operations it is expected that we will work in a hybrid model that includes time working from home and from our onsite work location.
To ensure productivity in a home environment applicants must meet the space and technology requirements outlined below.
Work at Home Requirements:
- A dedicated workspace that is free from background noise and distractions of any kind during business hours.
- A reliable high-speed broadband Internet service provider with a connection speed of at least 5 megabytes. A speed test will be required.
- Ability for Ethernet cable to be physically connected to carrier by the router or modem.
- We offer a mixture of work from home options and in office work settings
- Paid training for both licensing and standard customer service training
- Ongoing development and support in all roles
- Amazing grow and development opportunities around the company
- A variety of ongoing contests games and competitions with additional cash and prize opportunities
- Elephant offers medical dental vision and life insurance at little cost to the employee
- Elephant offers an additional supplemental benefits fund that may be used for gym memberships additional life insurance cancer and accident coverage or a health savings account
- Stock grants and stock dividends for all employees
- Elephant contributes up to a 5% match for your 401K
- Elephant offers 22 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) each year
We pay a competitive rate ($18/hr) for non-licensed people who want to learn and become licensed agents through our training program. This position will begin on March 14th 2022. Training will be done throughout your first seven to eight months at Elephant. This will include both classroom training and time on the phones with our customers. During any classroom training periods you will not be allowed to use PTO. Level 1 classroom training will be completed 3/14-04/01 you will also be assigned one of the 6-week licensing and training course starting in April or July.
Once you’ve become a fully licensed Customer Service agent you will become eligible for an additional incentive bonus. Once out of training the average monthly bonus is $250. Your hours for the position will be during our office hours of 9am-6pm Monday-Friday and Saturdays 9am-4pm. We work to be here for our customers and this will mean shifts will be adjusted based upon business need but proper advance notice will be provided to the agent.
We are currently seeking dynamic customer service-oriented professionals to join our exciting and quickly growing team at Elephant Insurance. Individuals with a strong customer-oriented focus and desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment are encouraged to apply. As a customer service representative for Elephant Insurance you will learn about the various insurance products we offer and will have training to effectively provide advice and give great customer service to our policy holders. Individuals who are eager to learn while performing at the highest of ethical standards are strongly encouraged to apply. This is an amazing opportunity to start your insurance career.
- Inbound telephone calls assisting customers with a variety of customer service issues including policy amendments cancellations renewals and billing inquires.
- Maintains solid customer relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
- Works closely with customer accounting to resolve billing and account questions.
- Researches new issues and documents steps for customer service procedures.
- Performs data entry and uses insurance customer service software programs.
- Excellent communication abilities are essential.
- Call Customers about changes to their policies.
- Handles billing and collection calls.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Professional customer service focused attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Office is preferred specifically Word Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Analytical and basic mathematical abilities is a plus
- Able to obtain a Personal Insurance License through the Elephant training program
Job Type: Full-time