Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Advocate
Salary : $21 per hour
Company : Gerber Life Insurance Company
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Customer Service Advocate – (Work at Home or Onsite)
*This position requires an Active Life and Health Insurance License to apply*
Looking for a career where you can make a real difference in other people’s lives? Have a passion for customer service? Want to work from home? Think you’ve got what it takes to work for one of the leading companies in the insurance industry? If so, we’d love to speak with you about joining the Gerber Life Insurance team. We provide excellent benefits, 401K with company match and a pension, along with the opportunity to earn a monthly incentive.
Click here to learn more about our call center:
Gerber Life has been in business since 1967. We sell an array of children and adult coverage. To learn more about Gerber Life Insurance, click here https://www.gerberlife.com.
As a Customer Service Advocate you will:
- Represent Gerber Life through providing exceptional service to existing customers and engaging in consultative conversations using the Gerber Life Insurance Sales process. Processes transactions and ensures customers’ needs are met via inbound calls and outbound calls.
- Respond to customer inquiries via inbound and outbound service and sales telephone interactions to address a variety of customer inquiries which include, but are not limited to, processing payments, resolving billing issues, policy changes requests and completing new insurance applications.
- Review customer’s current insurance needs while engaging in consultative conversations. Expected to make recommendations that address the customer’s needs, while also promoting business growth and goal achievement with competitive, industry-leading life insurance and other financial products.
- Handle customer inquiries in a positive and professional manner consistent with compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Education Level:
- High School diploma
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Active Life and Health Insurance License Required
- Must obtain appointments in 39 Company designated states within approximately the first five to seven weeks of employment. (This process is handled by Gerber Life Insurance once employed)
- Must obtain licensing in remaining states which Gerber Life Insurance Company conducts business within approximately 45 to 60 days of employment. (This process is handled by Gerber Life Insurance once employed)
- 1-2 years Customer Service experience
- Contact center experience and knowledge considered a plus
- Life Insurance industry experience and knowledge considered a strong advantage.
Additional Requirements for Work-At-Home Associates Only:
- Must have a work-space large enough for a monitor, docking station, mouse and keyboard.
- Must have a quiet isolated work-space free of distractions.
- Must have high speed internet connection that once tested will meet the data and speed requirements of Gerber Life Insurance (Satellite internet providers are not eligible).
- Must maintain a dedicated hard wired phone line.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance