Job Responsibilities : Creative Technologist – XD
Salary : $109200 per year
Company : Ford Motor Company – Michigan•Remote
Location : Remote US
Job Description & Qualifications
We’re in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen. Just as cars changed the world over the last century new technologies such as self-driving cars electric powertrains and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live work and play in the next hundred years.
As a member of the Experience Design (XD) Team you’ll be at the heart of creating that future.
Every day Ford’s vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. You’ll craft every touchpoint our customers encounter designing people and society’s needs into the heart of our next generation of out-of-vehicle products services and experiences.
What you’ll be able to do:
The Creative Technologist will bring technical development excellence to the team that brings to life new to early stage products services and experiences through iterative prototypes of varying fidelity that leverage emerging or established technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and proven track record of technology experimentation and invention with respect to new product development as well as the ability to provide broad influential leadership towards the swift development and tangible demonstration of user-centric experiences in hardware & software. They are creative passionate about design and dedicated to making the complicated feel simple. They are innovative curious experimental and always thinking about the human on the other end of their designs.
The ideal candidate will also have an eye toward the rapidly evolving digital landscape and provide leadership over possible uses of advanced technology concepts such as the impact and role of artificial intelligence in product development and the future state of the screen-less user experience to help both educate leaders across the company as well as inform our most forward-facing projects.
The role will execute technology-driven (labs software and hardware) prototyping efforts emerging technology identification and evaluation and early production planning along with technical delivery teams. The role will play a key role on an overall team of employees and contractors freelancers and vendors that ideate design prototype and iterate on first-of-its-kind digital products and initiatives.
This role will participate on teams creating early-stage to product ready prototypes that manifest through hardware software environmental and human interaction.
As a Creative Technologist you will…
- Create tangible experiences that demonstrate new products and experiences using technology at the appropriate level of fidelity. Builds prototypes to prove new concept technical feasibility and viability. Manage complexity & stability in your team’s high & low fidelity prototypes showcases & exhibits.
- Develop emerging technology strategies – Identify relevant emerging technologies and provide influence over their strategic use across all brands and all touch points.
- Invent Solutions- Create original and patentable technologies and novel combinations and uses of technologies for our business.
- Experiment- Lead the team(s) in the proactive and practical experimentation of novel technologies uses that have potential scalable guest employee or business impact.
- Be an active member of the design team contributing to every phase of the project through technical innovation validation and turning prototypes into reality.
- Showcase the latest creative uses of technology to the wider company and introduce emerging technologies into the human-centered design process.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a creative technology or relevant engineering role with experience with teams/organizations in new product creation and development
- 3+ years’ experience as a software developer in an innovation role
Our preferred requirements:
- Understanding of human-centered design methods and mindsets
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as cross-functional strategic planning
- Obsession with the quality of what gets launched
- Highly collaborative and eager to participate
- Experience and familiarity with a range of prototyping tools and solutions.
- Demonstrated portfolio of rapid prototyping solution delivery and transition to production.
- Deep knowledge of digital technologies ability to tinker with almost any hardware or software platform.
- Serious coding chops – platform/language agnostic.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at the senior most executive levels of a company
- Endlessly curious
- A lifelong learner
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO retirement savings and stock investment plans incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United
States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color age sex national origin sexual orientation gender identity disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits please visit:
Auto req ID