Job Responsibilities : eComm Services Management – Platform Engineer
Salary : $19 per hour
Company : Costco Wholesale
Location : Remote
Role & Responsibilities
- Defines manages and reports against Service Level Objectives and Indicators to ensure efficiency and reliability across all production systems.
- Collaborates with vendors to define SLAs and response times are precise and achievable factoring in all connections required to meet the overall SLO.
- Works closely with vendor support teams to coordinate resolution to system issues ensuring vendors meet Costco’s service levels and objectives as defined.
- Implements system strategies that ensure the scalability and the elasticity of the service infrastructure.
- Analyzes data from multiple angles that include network platform software API integration and database looking for trends that highlight problems or opportunities
- Leverages existing reporting and alerting through established monitoring tools to ingest 3rd party vendor data and ensure optimization. This includes ensuring internal monitoring tools integrate with vendor API’s.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the applications and infrastructure within the eCommerce environment and how they impact member experience site performance stability and quality.
- Evaluates the impact of code on performance scalability and resiliency of the production infrastructure; coordinates upgrades patches and configuration changes as necessary.
- Partners with software engineers and technology leadership to understand operational strategy and then deliver against those expectations.
- Builds out engagement models to ensure processes are optimized around services management engagement with other teams and vendors.
- Develops monitoring alerting and reporting to allow for the identification of issues and trends which will be remediated by implementation of automation to recover from errors without manual intervention.
- Develops automation for the identification of issues and response to issues identified. Measurement and trending of issue and response will be critical.
- Implements and optimizes tooling for the Development and Ops teams to improve efficiency velocity and stability.
- Develops maintains and publishes services layer documentation ensuring it includes inventory process configuration and design documents.
- Strong understanding of commercial rest gateways with a focus on Apigee
- Experience in analyzing system performance data for performance characteristics identifying potential future problems.
- Excellent understanding of scalability processes and technique to manage growth and performance of the systems.
- Experience with scripting frameworks and languages such as Bash or Powershell.
- Broad technical knowledge of enterprise compute platforms virtualization OS’s (Windows)
- Experience with networking technologies such as firewalls routers load balancers and proxies.
- Detail-oriented and possess strong problem solving skills with the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong proven leadership/team building and personnel development skills.
- Innovative creative and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Responsible conscientious and possess a passion for excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to work with people at all management levels.
- Works well under pressure and in a crisis situation.
Click Here : Apply Now