Job Responsibilities : Senior Copywriter/Content Designer (Remote)
Salary : $50000 Per Year
Company : SnapTravel
Location : Remote CA
Snapcommerce is a high-growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product Snaptravel allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~150 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup.
With a high-performing team of world-class leaders Snapcommerce thrives on tackling complex problems within AI E-commerce and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our users’ lives!
At Snapcommerce we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company. Check out this article from our CEO Hussein on Snapcommerce’s Core Values to learn more!
About the Role
We are seeking a super creative Senior Copywriter/Content Designer to help us drive the awareness perception and engagement of the Snapcommerce brand forward in our mission to help everyone experience the best life has to offer. You have strong opinions (and the experience to back them up) on what defines good storytelling how to own and bring to life a brand’s voice and tone and what it takes to express a brand’s values and personality through great copy (both in product and in marketing applications).
We take a highly collaborative approach to working with other teams so you will also build deep relationships company-wide to ensure positive workstreams. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and the capacity to synchronize all project elements from concept to execution helping guide creative strategy for multiple projects of various sizes and timelines. Since we are a new team you will help establish processes and define the execution as to how you’d like to approach managing copy and content requests within the scope of our team. This role is critical for Snapcommerce’s growth across several different business verticals (travel e-commerce fintech) and you will have support from senior marketing team leadership as well as from your manager the Creative Director.
You will lead copy and content strategy for marketing write UX copy for our new app perform hands-on content design across various digital properties and seamlessly switch between individual contributor and creative leader. If you are passionate about great copy across our entire range of customer touchpoints we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more about our Marketing team’s culture here!
Challenges You’ll Solve
- Content Strategy: You’ll be the point person on defining how our new brand (launching Summer 2022) speaks and sounds and work closely with our Creative Director on defining applying and monitoring the guidelines. You’ll also lead content and creative concepts for new projects of various sizes and scopes.
- Copy Execution: You’re just as comfortable writing copy in a Figma mockup as you are in Google Docs. You’ll work on print and digital ad campaigns social media posts emails SMS/Push notifications UX copy website copy and direct mail/card carriers among other channels and own end-to-end copy creative and execution.
- Tools & Technologies: Leverage the best and most efficient creative tools and maintain organization across all creative assets working closely with the Creative Operations Manager. Ideally you are fluent in Figma and perhaps you’ve also used Sketch or Adobe Creative Cloud. For bonus points you’re somewhat familiar with Webflow and other CMS software as well as Miro or Mural for collaborating.
- Planning & Production: Working with the Creative Director you’ll participate in the strategic planning phase of projects showing an understanding of design and production processes plus the lead times involved. You’ll also help with project prioritization ensuring we’re spending our time on the projects that matter most and ladder up to departmental and company OKRs.
- Vendor Management: Help source and manage relationships with creative vendors and freelance writers to ensure the efficient use of company time and resources. You will also be their main point of contact for their questions and insights related to copy content and brand voice.
- 5+ years in-house creative experience within a startup environment or combination of agency/in-house
- Demonstrated experience with the creative process content design systems and copywriting/editing procedures as well as knowledge of and experience collaborating with different roles within a creative team
- Strong understanding of grammar and syntax within the American English language (we’ll be expanding to other countries/languages in time)
- Experience with lifestyle travel fintech or e-commerce brands
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where last minute changes can arise and require nimble problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to create multiple copy versions and manage pitches receive editing and content feedback and turnaround revisions quickly
- Effective category-spanning portfolio of work showcasing marketing/brand copy (Bonus points for examples of UX/product copy)
- Skilled collaborator with strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to present/pitch your work and ideas
- Excellent relationship-building skills and a willingness to hold self and teammates accountable
- Self-starter who works well independently; eager and willing to roll up your sleeves and focus on designing things but also able to manage contractors and lead your own direct reports as the team grows
- Ability to remain calm and flexible while dealing with ambiguity; we’re still a startup and things change/shift quite often
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards and travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries equity options full benefits from day one wellness budgets and paid development – we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits meal budgets special treats and team lunches. When in the office enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee tea and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development Diversity & Inclusion events TED talk Tuesdays and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up parental leave additional vacation and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights Happy Hours internal hackathons team building games workouts and more
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion colour national origin gender sexual orientation age marital status veteran status or disability status.