Job Responsibilities : Congress Planner
Salary : $119000 per year
Company : American Express Global Business Travel
Location : Remote US
Congress Planner (Pharmaceutical)
Function as primary client liaison and lead for assigned Pharmaceutical Congress programs. Manage pharmaceutical Congress meetings and events through the implementation of strategy delivery of objectives and execution of logistics while effectively working with clients. Responsible for coordination of program planning from post contract execution to final billing for Transfer of Value reporting while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all programs. Work closely with client contact to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes. The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs. Duties will vary from client-to-client and program-to- program.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Complete project timeline; establish a work flow schedule with client and suppliers to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program details.
- Utilize business program management system to manage program from contract turn-over meeting to final bill completion.
- Manage and negotiate any additional hotel needs Congress needs destination management company (DMC) air and all third party contracts. Monitor attrition dates cancellation policies to ensure contracted services are executed.
- Communicate between Information Technology support and clients for web requirements on assigned programs.
- Work with creative team to produce program materials.
- Coordinate and possibly attend site inspections as needed.
- Coordinate all program details and produce a working agenda that outlines all program specifics and requirements.
- Conduct program debrief with client.
- Work with accounting to complete final bill review final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
- Maintain accurate records system input and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures for ToV reporting.
- Evaluate program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes; plan for continuous improvement.
- Partner with designated team to communicate registration air needs status meetings and continuous communication throughout program.
- Able to assist with any level of Congress meeting or event including those of a complex nature large volume high level of confidentiality international scope HCP attended etc.
- Promote positive team environment as a positive role model.
- Maintain proactive positive open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
- Act as lead communicate program requirements to team as needed; work closely with support departments to exceed client requirements and objectives.
- Partner with third party suppliers to arrange their services.
- Conduct regularly scheduled status meetings with client and stakeholders from pre-launch through program operation and ensures program objectives are executed.
- May be requested to manage VIP special projects and oversee VIP logistics.
- Develop strong relationships with multiple contacts within client and supplier organizations.
- May participate in client presentations as requested.
- Review processes and offer solutions/additions as needed.
- Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information as needed.
- Manage overall program budget review and audit all program related TOV billing for accuracy. Track and report expenses to clients and communicate changes on a consistent basis.
- May initiate and reconcile supplier payments.
- Work with leader to forecast overall program financials and ensure monthly tracking for actual.
- Monitor foreign exchange rates for sharp fluctuations which may impact the budget.
- Assist in review of other Meeting Manager budgets.
- Work on special projects as assigned by team leadership.
- May require travel to destinations worldwide in support of client site inspections and/or program operations.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain key client and supplier relationships
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technology and/or software solutions
- Handle multiple projects/demands effectively
- REQUIRED: 5-7 years meeting planning experience with at least 3 years supporting Pharma business.
- Pharmaceutical Congress experience required.
- Domestic and International Congress Planning Experience preferred.
- 4 year degree preferred. CMP designation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management and clients.
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to work accurately and timely – in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and handle change well
- Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills required.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience – Advanced level
- Experience with meeting industry technology required (CVENT)
- Advanced oral and written presentation skills required
- Ability to travel by airplane boat rail and/or car with travel up to 40%
United States – Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to age gender gender identity sexual orientation race color religion creed national origin disability genetic information veteran status citizenship or marital status and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement