Job Responsibilities : Billing & Technical Customer Service Advisor, Remote
Salary : $16 an hour
Company : Conduent
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Through our dedicated associates Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
This is a Technical Support Advisor role with a twist! Ideal for curious individuals who love to learn!
In the first 60 days you will work as a Billing Support Advisor – where you help others solve their account and billing issues – after 45-60 days you will be upskilled as a Technical Support Advisor! Twice the learning and training opportunities twice the exposure resulting in accelerated exposure and growth.
We are actively seeking full-time agents to work from home and deliver excellent billing and technical customer service on behalf of our client – a world leader in technology and innovation.
As a Billing and Technical Support Advisor you will be supporting our client’s customers as a first point of contact and resolving their account and billing issues and thereafter any technical issues with their devices. We will rely on you to actively listen to our clients’ customers use your technical experience passion and creativity to meet their needs and deliver a world-class experience across every interaction you have with them.
In this role you will be there to help customers with their billing and account issues but after 45-60 days you will also provide technical support. You will be working independently from home and will be expected to collaborate with management and co-workers in a remote setting.
To be successful in this role you should have the ability ensure call resolution in a timely manner have excellent verbal and written communication skills maintain the highest standards of quality guarantee customer satisfaction on every call provide product solutions and perform other duties as assigned.
Conduent has an exciting opportunity waiting for you if you:
- Are you a problem solver who can patiently listen to understand and address complex customer issues
- Have strong people skills to build a genuine connection with a customer
- Can navigate multiple applications and research solutions with ease
- Love helping people and guiding them to the best solution for their issue
- Are excited by innovative technology
- Want to work with one of the world’s most recognized brands
- Provide calm conflict resolution and problem resolution for frustrated customers
- Can work in a structured environment for the duration of your allotted full-time schedule taking high-volume calls from customers
- Can commit to 100% attendance for five weeks of paid training
We have a variety of schedules available which will include at least one weekend day mostly Mid and Evening shifts (typically 9-hour shifts anytime between 10am – 10pm CST). There will be quarterly opportunities to receive new shifts based on customer needs (or more frequently if needed).
To meet our requirements you should:
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Have at least six months of customer service experience
- Have high speed internet access meeting the following speeds: download = 10 upload 3 Ping ms <175 (no Wi-Fi or satellite internet you must have ethernet connections)
- Preferably have previous Contact Center and/or work from home experience
- Have strong computer knowledge including ability to accurately type at least 30 wpm; familiarity with iOS and/or macOS or comparable technology is preferred
- Have a workspace that can only be accessed by you during your work hours
- Be able to work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
- Have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Be courteous and friendly with a high degree of professionalism
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Live in one of the following states AL AR AZ CO CT DE FL GA ID IN IA KS KY LA ME MI MS MO NE NV NH NJ NM NC ND OH OK PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY
In return we offer:
- $16.00 per hour plus incentive and bonus programs
- Health Benefits for you and your family including medical dental vision
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- Paid Time Off
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about helping people
Below is what you’ll need to do to be considered for this position. It will take less than 25 minutes and includes everything required at this stage!
- Apply to the role and provide your basic profile information (2 minutes)
- Answer prescreen questions to be sure you meet the minimum requirements for the role (3 minutes)
- Complete a typing test (2 minutes)
- Complete a Call Center assessment (15 minutes)
For the typing test and assessment you will need to have access to a computer with a keyboard. If you do not have access to one at this moment please complete the other steps and then find a local public computer to complete step 3. You can access a computer with a keyboard at local coffee shops libraries shipping stores or just search for “public computers near me”. Once you have access to a computer you can login to your account and complete the application process.
If you do not complete all the steps we will send you an email reminder. If you don’t hear from us please check your spam folder for messages from the recruiting team.
We are currently NOT hiring in the following geographies:
States: AK CA HI MA IL MT
Metro Areas: MN – Minneapolis IL – Chicago NY – New York City OR – Portland MD – Montgomery County WA – Seattle Washington DC.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race color creed religion ancestry national origin age gender identity gender expression sex/gender marital status sexual orientation physical or mental disability medical condition use of a guide dog or service animal military/veteran status citizenship status basis of genetic information or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link completing the accommodation request form and submitting the request by using the Submit button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.
At Conduent we value the health and safety of our associates their families and our community. For US applicants while we DO NOT require vaccination for most of our jobs we DO require that you provide us with your vaccination status where legally permissible. Providing this information is a requirement of your employment at Conduent.