Job Responsibilities : Grievances & Appeals Representative
Salary : $55800 per year
Company : Sutter Health
Location : Remote US
The Grievance & Appeals Representative serves as an initial contact for patients families visitors staff and faculty. Performs the initial intake for all incoming patient grievances/complaints and contacts from staff managing complaints and other cases with low to moderate complexity triaging cases to appropriate staff assisting staff with general inquiries supporting project work within the department and any other functions required by the department. This position is privy to highly sensitive patient care issues and must make patient privacy a high priority at all times.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- Bachelor’s: degree in Social Work Human Resources Business Administration Education or Health Care related field. or equivalent education/experience
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 1 year prior experience in customer service handling service recovery and/or dispute resolution.
- 1 year previous patient contact health care related experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers department administrative staff interdepartmental contacts and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to gather information effectively synthesize it and make triage-related decisions.
- Ability to plan and organize the workflow in a busy office environment.
- Ability to be self-directed in accomplishing the coordination and decision-making responsibilities of this position. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Resourceful in problem solving.
- Ability to train and guide other employees.
- Computer skills. experience with word processing database and spreadsheet software programs required.
- Ability to review financial and operational reports to produce custom reports trending reports and analyses.
Days of the Week:
Friday Monday Thursday Tuesday Wednesday
This position is work from home eligible.
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.