Job Responsibilities : Executive Director, HR Communications
Salary : 84895 per Year
Company : Comcast
Location : Philadelphia, PA 19103 US
The Executive Director HR (Human Resources) Communications is an exciting opportunity to lead a team of talented professionals who deliver strategic communications supporting Comcast NBCUniversal and Spectacor. The position reports to the Senior Vice President Internal Communications for HR Finance and Legal. The Executive Director role is responsible for delivering communications that differentiate our employee experience and drive business objectives. The role collaborates with US and non-US HR client groups partners and teammates at all levels and areas of the organization Additionally the role partners with communications teams across headquarters and the field to integrate communication strategies enterprise wide. The Executive Director is a key leader influencing both the communications and HR functions. The ideal candidate achieves success through strategic business acumen and planning exceptional marketing-based communications skills operational excellence and inclusive leadership.
- Approaches communications through the application of marketing best practices – data/insights employee journeys personas content marketing channel strategies and go-to-market strategies – to help deliver differentiated employee experiences and business value.
- Inclusive leader who develops and grows a team of marketing communications professionals – coaches influences and guides teammates in their career ownership; retains and attracts talent and helps grow talent into other opportunities within Comcast. Additionally this role frequently works with and manages vendors.
- Acts as an advisor partner and liaison to Senior Executives and leaders across all functions to develop outcome driven communications strategies plans and programs; manages through influence and builds strong trusting relationships.
- Responsible for ongoing research and updates to the Employee Value Proposition (EVP); guiding and consulting HR teams and leaders to ensure our EVP is embedded consistently within and across the employee experience including in our communications.
- Creates and oversees others to create and execute strategic employee marketing campaigns and change management; delivers in multiple formats and tactics including leadership communications Intranet and social platform content digital signage FAQs Talking Points videos presentations and plans and executes live and virtual events etc.; writes effectively and with appropriate tone reflecting the leader/product and for a variety of internal audience segments and cares for a myriad of work environments (in office field and/or remote).
- Optimizes tools and processes for how the team works explores new technologies and brings new ideas that deliver value; champions strategies and innovative tactics that drive employee engagement and outcomes.
- Partners with HQ Division Region Business Unit and Functional Communicators to ensure companywide alignment and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to HR people leaders and employees.
- Uses data and analytics as a foundational tool to assess the effectiveness of communications change management and employee engagement efforts; utilizes data to refine and improve plans tactics and/or to identify opportunities to implement adjustments.
- Navigates the company’s large matrix structure and works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Anticipates opportunities or roadblocks brings solutions innovates new ideas is accountable.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Evaluates selects and cultivates strategic external partnerships and vendor relationships with consultants vendors agencies to support strategy planning and execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent; communications journalism or business preferred.
- Generally requires 10 – 15+ years related experience preferably relevant internal and/or external communications experience.
- Superior oral and written communication skills across all mediums – written presentation verbal.
- Self-starter: self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and flexibly adapt to changes in our operations/operational environment.
- Excellent leadership; relationship and customer service orientation and problem-solving/negotiation skills.
- History of proven collaboration thought leadership and business partnerships at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently against tight timelines without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Ability to write and edit quickly; distilling complex concepts into key messages targeting specific audiences is critical in a fast-paced matrixed environment.
- Experience in or with change management and business transformation.
- Experience in product marketing/go-to-market a plus
- Graphic design and video and broadcast production social tools and digital channels knowledge and experience is highly desirable.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners users and advocates of our game-changing technology products and services especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other our customers investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race color religion age sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options expert guidance and always-on tools that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.