Job Responsibilities : Clinical Review Coordinator – National Remote
Salary : n
Company : Optum
Location : Dallas, TX 75202 US
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
naviHealth part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients giving them more days at home. Join our team it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work. SM
The Clinical Review Coordinator plays an integral role in optimizing the patient’s recovery journey. The Pre-Service Coordinator is responsible for reviewing pre-authorization requests for skilled nursing and rehabilitative services and determining if requests meet medical necessity for the requested level of care. The position coordinates the transition of patients from the community or acute setting to the next appropriate level of care while following established facility policies and procedures.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 01:00pm – 10:00pm CST.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Perform in a hybrid role as either clinical “gatherer and authorization document creator” or solely as a clinical and authorization “reviewer” for all prospective concurrent and retrospective requests within established parameters.
- Perform review for all direct admits to SNF via physician office ED or HH.
- Perform all expedited prospective reviews including patient oral and/or written notifications.
- Perform all standard prospective reviews including patient oral and/or written notifications.
- May have EMR access to mirror Inpatient Care Coordinator partner access.
- Coordinator peer to peer reviews with naviHealth Medical Directors.
- Notify hospitals and SNFs of review outcomes for non-engaged patients.
- Partner with Medical Directors for Pre-Service Coordinator training as needed.
- Complete processes as it relates to pre-service authorizations.
- Educate facilities on the pre-service denial process.
- Participate in the clinical phone queue to ensure customer SLA’s are met.
- Support new delegated contract start-up to ensure experienced staff work with new contracts.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 3+ years of clinical experience
- Experience in oversight and supervision of assistants (CNAs PTAs OTAs)
- Active unrestricted registered clinical license – Registered Nurse Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist
- Flexible and willing to work an early or late shift and/or longer than normal hours to accommodate peaks in volume of work
- Ability to work full-time Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 1:00pm – 10:00pm CST
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- 2+ years of Case Management experience
- CMS knowledge
- Managed care experience
- ICD-10 and InterQual experience
- Experience working with geriatric population
- Experience in acute care rehab or skilled nursing facility environment
- Experience performing clinical audits to improve quality standards or performance
- Strong technical/computer skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize daily workload
- Ability to work effectively in a self-management environment
- Experience with physician engagement and crucial conversations
- Readiness to embrace a fluid changing and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to review patients’ clinical information holistically
Physical and Work Environment:
- Ability to manipulate laptop computer (or similar hardware) between office and site settings
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a laptop computer (or similar hardware) within a standard time period
- Ability to communicate with clients and team members including use of cellular phone or comparable
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity Compassion Relationships Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career or are an experienced veteran or spouse we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa a Senior Quality Analyst works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. SM
Colorado Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $31.78 – $56.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $35.00 – $62.45. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education work experience certifications etc. In addition to your salary UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package incentive and recognition programs equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO #YELLOW