Job Responsibilities : Resident Engineer – Civil (Cable)
Salary : 7000 per month
Company : Mott MacDonald
Location : Dubai UAE
We are currently looking for an Resident Engineer Civil with a successful record in the delivery of power Transmission Cabling projects (132kV and above) involving review of EPC Contractor design and construction supervision.
Key responsibilities and duties are listed but not limited to the below:
- Site management of Civil works associated with power transmission Cabling project
- Must have strong experience in Civil construction works for Cabling of 132kV voltage levels and above
- Proven technical capability to review recommend and approve Contractor’s material submittals shop drawings and attend all testing activities for the materials to ensure that it meets specifications.
- Review recommend and approve Contractor’s technical submittals including method statements for construction and Application for Works.
- Perform site supervision to meet standards-safety (HSE) work & Review/ Approval of Application for Work (AFW) security and reliability during the execution stages and warranty period
- Monitor and control the project progress evaluate on monthly basis projects delays if any and report all delays to the Project Manager and follow up with the contractor to mitigate any delays
- Review joint measurement/progress certification sheets
- Review Contractor’s Red Markup drawings and As-built drawings
- Daily witnessing of site construction works followed by approval of RFI/site test reports.
- Attends the pre-commissioning acceptance test of new substations extensions modifications and repair work prior to acceptance of the work.
- Should have knowledge about FEWA/DEWA/TRANSCO standard specifications and standard practice
- Conduct site visits to ensure that quality procedures are being followed and ensure the jobs are executed by contractors according to technical/ standards specifications.
- Engineering Degree (min bachelor’s degree)
- Extensive experience in construction supervision (power transmission substation project experience essential) previous FEWA/DEWA/TRANSCO approval preferable
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Very good technical knowledge of electrical works specifications/standards for power transmission substation projects
- Interpersonal oral and written communication skills;
At Mott MacDonald our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation transforming our clients’ businesses our communities and employee opportunities.
Equality Diversity and Inclusion
Equality diversity and inclusion (EDI) is at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
At Mott MacDonald we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
90 calendar days’ paid maternity leave
Competitive annual leave
An annual professional institution subscription
Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
We put equality diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client team and personal commitments. We embrace agility flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation transforming our clients’ businesses our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress respect integrity drive excellence