Job Responsibilities : Police Recruit – August, Online and In-Person written exam options
Salary : $31000 per year
Company : City of Phoenix
Location : Phoenix, AZ 85003 US
Educational requirements : High School
Serve your community and be rewarded as well! The Phoenix Police Department is offering a $7500 hiring bonus to new hires (and rehires with a three-year separation). This bonus will be paid in three equal instalments as follows: on your first check on your paycheck after graduating from the Phoenix Regional Police Academy and upon successful completion of probation as a Police Officer. In addition if you are referred to apply by a current city employee that city employee may receive a bonus of $2500 when you have successfully been hired and passed probation. The name of the referring city employee must be specified on the job application at time of submission in order for the payments to be awarded.
Police Recruit is a non-sworn trainee class for protective service work in the Police Department. Recruits spend 26 weeks in the Phoenix Regional Police Academy (PRPA) learning various topics related to law enforcement. Upon successful completion of the academy recruits are sworn and promoted to Police Officer. To learn more about the next steps in the hiring process for Police Recruit visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/police/joinphxpd.
Please Note: Prior to being able to apply and test please visit my.AZPOST.gov to complete your electronic background process form. You will need your AZPOST Form ID number for your application and to participate in the examinations. Once this completed there are both in-person and online options for you to take the Police Recruit Written Exam during August 2022.
POLICE RECRUIT PROCESS:
All recruit candidates will be required to complete the Police Officer Physical Agility Assessment (POPAT). Additionally candidates may be required to complete a Written Exam which covers a variety of materials.
Candidates that have a conferred associates bachelors or master’s degree are eligible for a degree waiver and will not be required to take the written or online exam. You will be prompted to answer questions about your eligibility for the waiver during the online application. Your first step in the process will be the Police Officer Physical Agility Test (POPAT). A background investigator will reach out to you to schedule the POPAT.
IN-PERSON OPTIONS (FREE):
Police Officer Physical Agility Assessment and Written Exam for Police Recruit
POLICE REGIONAL ACADEMY 10001 S. 15TH AVENUE PHOENIX AZ 85041
Saturday August 13 2022
Friday August 26 2022
Check in for the POPAT will be conducted on a rolling basis from 6:30 AM – 7:00 AM; Check in for the written exam is from 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM. The entire testing process will take approximately 5 hours (from POPAT to the end of the written exam). For more information on the POPAT please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/police/joinphxpd.
WRITTEN EXAM ONLY – ONLINE OPTION (First attempt is free but if you are not successful on your first time then a $35 convenience fee will be requested by a third-party agency for any additional attempts):
Take your test online anytime with FASTTEST Web.
- After successfully applying online you will receive an invitation to the online exam by email.
- May be taken online and in your own home- more instructions will be provided in the email invitation.
- 3 days’ notice is required in order to schedule your test time at any time – days nights or weekends.
The same exam is administered for both in person and online test takers. The exam assesses your ability to learn and apply policy information observe and remember details problem solve and use logic and use situational judgement. To see a sample Police Recruit written exam or to view physical fitness standards and other steps in the hiring process visit Now Hiring PHX PD.
Effective August 8 2022 – The salary of a Police Recruit will start at $68661. After successful completion of the AZ Post Police Academy new officers will earn $72779 as a Police Officer. Police Officers will be able to achieve career progression throughout their years of service and can earn up to $105539 (Step 9) in the Police Officer classification.
Unit 004 Benefits Pension Information
- Applicants must complete the electronic background process by visiting: my.AZPOST.gov (Once complete your AZPOST ID number will be provided and may be used for any Police Recruit Written Exam).
- Applicants are to be at least 20.5 years old by the date of the exam. Must be 21 years of age before graduating from the academy.
- United States citizenship.
- A high school diploma or a GED.
- Positions in the Police Department must meet the polygraph and background standards that are appropriate to sworn positions. The general factors for disqualification are listed here.
- The city job description can be found here.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions click here.
The City of Phoenix has paused plans to implement a federal mandate requiring all city employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This decision comes after a series of legal challenges and a ruling from a federal judge which temporarily halts the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors nationwide. If the requirement is reinstated the City of Phoenix may require new hires to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment. After a conditional offer has been extended candidates may request a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs.
All applicants must register online prior to taking the written exam. Recruitment closes August 22 2022. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants successfully applying are invited to take the written examination either in person or online.
- Apply online by clicking on the Apply button and complete the required information via cell phone desktop laptop or tablet.
- You are NOT required to attach a resume / cover letter.
- After successfully applying online you will receive a reminder e-mail with instructions for your chosen testing method. If you do not receive an email prior to the exam date please contact Talent Acquisition at (602) 495-5703.
What You Need to Know:
- You must present photo identification to be admitted to the exam.
- All other test materials will be issued to you.
- The use of electronic devices will not be allowed during testing.
- It is recommended you bring water in a closed container with you to the examination.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS: Requests for reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities should be directed to the Human Resources Department immediately phone: (602) 262-4654 (voice) or (602) 261-8687 (TTY).
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- During the current health crisis job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- Please be aware that you may be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you are in need of computer resources click here for free options.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- If you need assistance applying for this job please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Police Recruit JC:62200 ID# 46187 07/19/2022 12 mos HG Benefits:004
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart Spend Wisely Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps Peace Corps and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply